Any Slow Losers out there....I need some motivation

Options

Replies

• betteringmyselfeachday
    Options
    You didn't gain your weight over night, you won't lose it overnight.

It is healthier and safer to slowly lose at a steady pace, then do a fad diet that will make you gain it all back.

Try exercising more if you really want to lose. Adjust your settings on here so that you have a 1200 calorie limit. Be sure to not have sweets, fountain drinks, etc.

At least you are losing and not gaining! Your headed in the right direction!: )

Feel free to add me!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm a slow loser - haven't lost in 3 months!
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Try not to get too discouraged! I seem to go through a rollercoaster when it comes to weight loss. Some weeks, I lose 1-4 lbs and then other weeks I will remain at the same weight for a month or more. However, over time, it gradually comes off. Try to think of this as a permanent life change and focus more on your NSV's to get you through the tough times when it feels like your body is stuck at a certain weight. Feel free to add me! I love encouraging others and being encouraged. :flowerforyou:
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    1/2 to 1 pound a week is a good loss. I didn't start as a slow loser. I lost the bulk of my weigh in one year BUT now....I'm the slowest. I have been stuck for 6 months with no loss on the scale but let me say, I've lost a pant size. So make sure you take measurements because not everything can be measured by the scale. You're doing great and keep on keeping on.
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS so I have a very hard time as well. Some weeks I might see 2 lbs and then I'll go 2 weeks with no loss. : ( It's very frustrating and it makes me want t give up sometimes. Just remember that weight that comes off slowly is more likely to stay off. Stick with it! I'm just starting over today so you can add me if you want.

This sounds just like me! It was so slow that I left here. I've started up here again and hope that it helps with pcos and weightloss.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    LOL Id take .2 a week! But I am looking to loose fat not weight really so I dont pay attention to much anymore. BUT 1 lbs a week is great! It is healthy!
  • miniberger
    miniberger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh anymore because I was so frustrated. I feel great. I'm stronger. So meh- the rest will come.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I've lost 21.6 pounds since January 1st...so basically almost 22 pounds in 22 weeks. It's been slow, but i've improved my fitness and health as well, and lost inches, too. I fit into pants I haven't worn in a couple of years, and last time I lost weight I didn't fit into those pants at this weight, so I know my measurements at this weight are smaller than they were last time I was at this weight, because I am exercising and being healthy this time. It may seem like it is taking forever, but just think, by this holiday season you could be 20 to 25 pounds lighter, and you'll probably be feeling pretty good that you stuck with it.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    When you look slow loser in the dictionary you see my picture LOL

I have PCOS, Narcolepsia, I am 4'11'' but refuse to eat like a bird.

I am at this since november 2010 and lost 20 pounds. 5-6 pounds since november 2011. About one pound a month but I refuse to give up and I am in the best shape of my life. Since this is my life, I do not see how I could quit
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a slow loser... At first weight would just slide off of me, but I've been at it for a little over 7 months, and I've only lost weight for 3 of those. I've been stuck at a plateau since February, and while I do get discouraged sometimes... I still would not go back to the way I used to live. I had a couple of bad weeks in May with lots of unhealthy foods, overeating and little exercise. And it just feels AWFUL. We just have to keep going, and keep reminding ourselves that even if we don't see the change now, we're still doing the right thing!
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    What is PCOS?
  • kinghavok
    kinghavok Posts: 104
    Options
    measure your success!!. I was staying around the .5 range I was getting frustrated ready to give up when I noticed my belt was all the way at the end I had lost like 4 inches around the waist. Keep plugging away, this is a marathon not a sprint slow and steady win the race!
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you... I've lost 6 pounds and I've been at this over 2 months. It's soooo frustrating, but I stick with it because the alternative is obviously worse. : ( Just take it one day at a time and create some mini goals for yourself so you have something to strive toward that's achievable.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I tend to stay exactly the same several weeks in a row, then drop a couple. It's killing me. lol
  • LaurenC619
    LaurenC619 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've always been told 1 lb./week is a good, healthy amount. Slow weight loss stays off because you're not depriving yourself and you're already living a lifestyle that you will be able to maintain once you reach your goal weight. Also, the closer to your healthy weight you are, often the slower the weight loss. I know it can get irritating at times because it seems like the pounds are coming off so slowly (I, too, am a slow loser), but just keep going! You'll get there.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I have 12 lbs to go to hit my ultimate goal. I have been losing about .25 per month or so since January. I'm not terribly worried since I have been doing this for about a year and a half and am down 39 lbs so far. I have learned a whole new way of looking at food and exercise and never feel deprived when it comes to food. Slow and steady wins the race. That's what I keep telling myself!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I decided to just take it slow and allow myself to lose about .5 to 1 lb a week. Hopefully by doing this, I will reach my goal by December. I figure just relaxing and taking things slow will help me to not stress out by trying to reach a goal that is not achievable by a certain amount of time. Every time I get worked up and try to shoot for 2 lbs a week, I end up failing lol...So so far so good, I think this might just get me where I need to be and I like to look at it as transforming my body by taking my time so it can be perfect!
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    It's take me 2 yrs and 3 mos. to lose 65 pounds. I was stuck for six months until recently, so .5 a week is great. Any progress is progress! The only way you won't get where you want to be is if you quit entirely. Keep it up! Progress is progress.

Also, don't forget - you also are not gaining like you might/would if you weren't watching your diet and exercise. So you're still ahead of the game. :-)
  • ProudMomToTwo
    ProudMomToTwo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am a slow loser also.
    I started out losing quickly and then gained some back at the holidays while my mom was here and I couldn't work out.
    I have been slowly taking it back off since.
    Won't be doing THAT again !
    I had a two month plateau that really sucked but thankfully some MFPers helped me adjust some settings ( high protein, low carb, no white sugar or white flour ( or white anything really ) and up-ed my water again too ).
    The scale is moving again and I am losing inches.

Add me if you like

~Louisa
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    If someone already mentioned this I apologize. I would suggest staying away from the scale and only weighing once a month maybe. I too am a slow loser. I started measuring myself weekly and logging. Even though the scale was not moving I was losing 1/2 inch to an inch a week. Measure waist, thighs, hips, etc... You will be happy how motivating your measurements are over what the scale says.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!