Need some encouragement!

Options
I lost 11 lbs (aiming for 20) in the past 6 weeks but then went on a long weekend with friends over memorial day weekend and gained back 4 lbs (!!!) aaaah. Painful. Trying to regain motivation when losing is so so hard but gaining is so easy (I didn't even indulge all I wanted to on vacation and I exercised every day!)

What do you do to help get back on the wagon after a frustrating setback? I find myself wanting to eat because I'm bummed about my weight backtracking, and I need to find a better way to channel this frustration and keep moving forward.

Replies

• momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about the weight. My weight can fluctuate that much in a day. I also found, I tend to gain weight just before I lose a bunch. I tracked my weight on the wii fit and my graph always went up before it hit a new low. Don't be discouraged. Focus on feeling healthy. Love yourself where you are at.
    :smile:
  • danayg86
    danayg86 Posts: 4
    Options
    Dont worry, just think that today is a new day and that if you put a great effort once, you will get great results at the end.
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as just losing weight. Think of it as you becoming healthier forever. It doesn't matter how long it takes, it will happen naturally as it is suppose to if you do what you know you should! Good luck!
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as just losing weight. Think of it as you becoming healthier forever. It doesn't matter how long it takes, it will happen naturally as it is suppose to if you do what you know you should! Good luck!

I concur with this /\
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Also, I think it's probably next to impossible to gain that much weight that quickly. It's probably a lot of water weight. Drink more water than usual over the next few days and see.
  • SRS1226
    SRS1226 Posts: 37
    Options

I agree! It is frustrating to look and see what you've gained--but you're putting in great efforts and that will show. I just wrapped up a fitness boot camp and our trainer said "Remember, you may have only lost a pound or two, or may not be at the weight you'd like but you're leaner, stronger, and look at all that muscle".

Focus on your healthy habits. Keep up the great work--we're all behind you!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

I agree! It is frustrating to look and see what you've gained--but you're putting in great efforts and that will show. I just wrapped up a fitness boot camp and our trainer said "Remember, you may have only lost a pound or two, or may not be at the weight you'd like but you're leaner, stronger, and look at all that muscle".

Focus on your healthy habits. Keep up the great work--we're all behind you!

^^ This ^^ !!

we all fall into bad eating trends from time to time, it's not the end of the world. MFP has a great support mechanism to help you. please feel free to add me as a friend.

^^ This ^^. we all fall into bad food trends from time to time, but the support mechanism on MFP will keep you motivated! feel free to add me as a friend.