Am I too skinny? or not skinny enough?

Options
Skinny4BG
Skinny4BG Posts: 145
This plagues me. All my life I have struggled with my weight. Over the weekend I had a few comments made to me that I just don't understand. I had a few people tell me that I look great! Then I was told by someone else that I was too skinny, like.. Anorexic skinny, and it was disgusting... and then from someone that I thought was important to me.. I'm not skinny enough. That 125lbs was perfect for me to be at. I mean really?! I have to be 125lbs for you to date me?!

Ive busted my butt and have lost almost 25lbs... but either I'm too skinny.. or not skinny enough. Where does the line get drawn at? What is.. ideal?! It just kills me, and honestly, I don't know if I should keep going and hit the 125 mark... or just say screw it and gain the weight back. Feels like I'll never be where I am happy getting comments like that. I just want to cry.

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    You gotta find your happy place chick.

Don't be waiting on someone else to tell you what is best for you. It's not going to happen because EVERYONE else has their own preference on body type.

You draw the line at people being negative about YOUR body. If you are healthy, you have to learn to be happy based on your own esteem.
    I have to be 125lbs for you to date me?!

Sounds like a grade A douche to me!
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    if you are happy with yourself and exude confidence the right man will come, any man that has a weight requirement to love you is stupid and not worth your time, my husband always says that he cant tell when i lose weight, cause he loves me for me not if i have a tummy or stretch marks or whatever :)
  • DMarkSwan
    DMarkSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What do you like to do? Are you fit in a away that allows you to do those things? How do you feel about your body?

You'd be better off if you never saw this guy with the negative comments again, especially if his opinion has such an effect on you.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Some people are so used to themselves and everyone around them being at least a little overweight that they think that is normal and healthy. By being skinny and fit, to them you look to skinny. Some people like to believe the ideal female body image is the waif-ish look of the models on many magazine covers. The fact that these young women models are far from normal in their body composition doesn't enter the thought process. People are going to say things that come across as being very mean and destructive, and they might not even realize how mean they are being.

What needs to matter is how you feel. Do you feel fit and healthy? Do you like how you look? Not how you look in other peoples eyes, but how you look in your own eyes. If you say yes, then hold onto that positive feeling! That means you've found the right weight for your body.

Based off your profile picture, I think you look good.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, just where you are. (Based on your profile picture.) But ultimately, get to where YOU'RE happy.
  • Iam918
    Iam918 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    +1 to what everyone else has stated.

When I dropped to 158 lbs (am 5'6") everyone kept telling me the same thing that I was too thin. I, however, was happy at that weight and even felt I needed to go lower. I shouldn't have but I let their negativity regarding my weight get to me and have gained since then. I'm not happy now with where I'm at and am restarting my journey to a happy me.

Do what makes you happy because in the end that's what matters.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You look great!
    You get to where YOU feel good about yourself at, and don't listen to people tell you you are too thin, especially here.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    A. You look great!

2. Please learn to not give a damn about what other people think. Your life will be much better.

and

D. You look great!