Zumba - First time tonight

Options
Hey everyone,

So my wife texts me and tells me that she's been wanting to go to Zumba at the Y for a while, but doesn't want to do it alone and that I'm going with her tonight. What am I in for??? Pray for me!

Replies

• m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Haha, sounds fun! I personally haven't done a Zumba class but we did some other dance style things and it was more of a workout than I was expecting!
  • kba0708
    kba0708 Posts: 17
    Options
    I love Zumba! You will have a blast. There are no wrong moves as long as you're moving, that's all that matters! Don't be afraid of looking silly. Just have fun and move to the groove. Your wife is very lucky you're going with her! When you guys are done, you will be drenched in sweat but smiling ear to ear (and probably laughing!) HAVE FUN!!
  • jen7eleven
    jen7eleven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm bringing [dragging?] my hubby tonight too!

It's really a lot of fun, be prepared to sweat and that's just within the first song! As I'm sure the instructor will tell you, don't worry about nailing the moves the first time, and if you get lost just remember to keep moving.

:happy:
  • tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i go to zumba all the time...its my passion....and let me tell you...they LOVE when men join the class!!! it just makes it so much fun! You are awesome for doing this with her...she is going to love it! and if you dont end up liking it as much as her...i'm sure she will see how un-intimidating it is and will try it on her own. She will also for SURE make friends in class. Everyone is always so welcoming!!

Hope you enjoy your class!! GOOD LUCK :)
  • ginib
    ginib Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Concentrate on the foot movements first. The hands can come later. What everyone else has said is true! Great workout and tons of fun!
  • bethxhx
    bethxhx Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i have my first zumba class on wednesday too cant wait for it :)
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    It is a blast!!! I love zumba and have been doing classes for nearly 4 years now.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Its SO fun!!! be prepared for mostly women - but please dont let that stop you. The first couple classes every feels awkward like they have 2 left feet - but I PROMISE that if you hang in there for a few sessions it is way fun, a great workout and you will relaize no one is looking at you and no one cares.
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You will be well over half way through the song before you get the hang of it and then the song changes and it is a whole other set of moves. With that said, don't try to be perfect, don't try to not look silly and have a blast! Join the party! lol
  • housemamma
    housemamma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love zumba and there are always a few men in the class. They always seem to be having the most fun because they are smiling, yelling and even joining the instructor sometimes on stage. Rock on and have fun!