How long did it take YOU to start seeing weight loss?

Options
I know I am early in my weight loss journey. I am on day 5 and I started at 200 lbs (the scale went between 199.5 & 200). I know I am not supposed to monitor the scale but I REALLY want to see that something is happening. I went up to 204 lbs which I explained away as the extra water intake I was putting in and since then I've been holding at 202 lbs. The food diary says I should reach 190 lbs in about 5 weeks according to what I am eating/exercise.

How long did it take YOU to start seeing the lbs coming off?

Replies

• terrirz
    terrirz Posts: 53
    Options
    when i first started I seen immediate weight loss, I started in feb and by the end of march I was down almost 20 pounds and I wasnt excercising at all. I do know some of it was water weight..However since March I havent lost much. Im only down 35 pounds and have ALOT more to loose. I did join a gym last month and havent seen any more weight loss progress but I am down almost 15 inches and that counts too!! :)..look at it this way, it didnt get added on over night so its not gonna come off overnight so Its a long journey..but so worth it. I already feel so much better, Im down 2 pant sizes and my kids and my hubby tell me on a regular basis whatta hot mama Im becoming..lol...
    feel free to add me if you want more support..:)
  • amolina0810
    amolina0810 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I started seeing losses right away! I am still losing about 2-3lbs per week.
  • dmwells3
    dmwells3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 and just started to lose. I think I shocked my body and it did not like it. Give it at least a month befor you reconcider what you are doing. Every one loses at a different rate.
  • Rommel_V
    Rommel_V Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just a pound after my first week of MFP and adjusting to my calorie requirements. Then i started doing some cardio and i lost 2 pounds the following week...
  • stopdangerpi
    Options
    I just started three days ago and am anxiously waiting to see the scale go down but it also has gone up a half pound. I feel like it is also that I have been intaking so much water but I don't know. It's frustrating!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I have no idea... I didn't have a scale at the time. I just started eating healthier and smaller portions at the beginning of the year and about a month later I got a scale and found that I had lost like 5 pounds. Then I starting counting calories.
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    DONT PAY ATTENTION TO THE ..."If you eat like this you will weigh +++ in 5 weeks" ...Its not accurate and will just mess with ya!
  • kmende2
    kmende2 Posts: 16
    Options
    When I added exercise (walking) to my diet, I saw results within 2 weeks.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    The "you'll weigh this in 5 weeks" is usually never correct. Just stick with it and you should see weight loss very soon. Otherwise, you are not changing your lifestyle enough. You should notice differences in the mirror in about a month.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    DONT PAY ATTENTION TO THE ..."If you eat like this you will weigh +++ in 5 weeks" ...Its not accurate and will just mess with ya!

^^ THIS. it's nowhere near accurate for many people... just know that it's a process and try as best as possible to flow with it!

best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Right away. Especially with exercise added.
  • hbuehrle
    hbuehrle Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks, so much for asking this question. I have been wondering also. I lost alot my first week, but now just hanging about the same. I think the first week was water weight for me, and I am not sure now how much I have truly lost. I am trying to just be strong and stick with what I am doing. I am due to take my measurements this weekend, so hoping to see some change. I agree I didnt put weight on over night, should not expect to take it off over night either. Just hard when you see everyone loosing. Lets just keep encouraging eachother. I do really like MFP, and trust it will work.:smile:
  • eodtech89d
    eodtech89d Posts: 32
    Options
    Well since I take a progress photo every 4 weeks, when I took my first photos at week 4 thats when I saw that my hard work and dedication started paying off. If you try and constantly look and watch for weight loss IMO you'll get discouraged when you don't see any changes. Just be patient and the hard work will show itself.
  • Manarelle
    Manarelle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It took me 5 weeks to see a difference. Just lowering the calorie intake wasn't enough for me; I didn't see a real change til I started exercising. Be patient! Don't look at it as a miracle diet type thing, look at it as a way to start a healthy lifestyle that you can stick with for life.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4-6 Weeks to notice/feel a difference.
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like I see any changes...it has only been 3 mos or so and I've lost over 30 lbs so far, but I also feel I am too close to the situation if that makes sense. I do like the idea from the above post about taking photos every 4 weeks though, that way I may feel like I am looking at someone else and be more open to seeing the differences.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of water weight the end first week of just changing eating habits and not drinking any sugar drinks! after that it was steady but has been slowly (with exercise too!) going down on the scale. i guess after awhile we just have to be patient!!
  • SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm six days in and just lost my first pound. I have a LOT of weight to lose, though.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Misread the question the first time around.

Anyway, I started 3 months ago and the weightloss started to come off very consistently.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Five weeks.