college students

Options
First of all, I totally commend all the adults working their butts off to stay in shape! I feel like I'm in the minority since I'm only 21. I wouldn't call myself "out of shape" but I definitely have some work to do in order to feel confident with my body. During my junior & senior years of high school, I got down to my ideal size. I have never been...nor will I ever be a size 2 stick (just not the way anyone in my family is built). I have been a cheerleader all my life & have continued it through college. During my freshman year of college cheerleading, I tore my ACL & my meniscus. Because I was used to being super physically active everyday, I gained about 25lbs when I wasn't allowed to workout for like 7 months after surgery. Ever since then, my weight has been a struggle. I have continued to cheer and this coming season, I am the President captain of the college team. I really want to feel in shape, healthy, and sexy in our skimpy little uniforms this year since it will be my last year ever cheering. I would like to lose about 20 or 25lbs.

Just looking for college students in the same boat for encouragement, workout suggestions, yummy but healthy recipes (instead of the pizza & beer we're all used to haha) & sharing success stories!!

Replies

• parisiantwyst
    Options
    I've got a *lot* more than you to lose to be back where I want to be, but I would be glad to be a friend and support you through this!
    Being in college (on a tight budget) and trying to lose weight can be tough, especially when you're trying to balance social, academic, employment, and more in one package!
    Be well!
  • notpregnant23
    notpregnant23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hey guys, i'm also in your same boat. i'm 21 and in college. even though i'm home for the summer during the school year i found it tough. so i'm hoping to lose half of what i want while i'm home so i can start getting into good habits so when i'm back at school i can continue on with them there. feel free to add me. :)
  • kba0708
    kba0708 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm 22 and have a child, so my situation is a bit different but I am also in college so I understand the crazy schedule and circumstances it presents! Feel free to add me. Im always looking to add to my arsenal of healthy recipes (trust me, they are cheap and easy!) and I would love to share.
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    Hiyo. Like you I'm 21, but I just graduated a few weeks ago. College is a terrible place to lose weight... at least if you're the kind of person that stays up late, doesn't think about meals, stresses out, etc. I went from a size 0 to a size 6/8 over the past 4 years. So hopefully, being younger means we can meet our weight loss goals more easily. Feel free to add me :-)
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    21 in college, work two jobs, in the marching band, and I play sports all the time! Managed to drop down from like 235 down to around 202 right now. Gonna lose more this summer though!
  • meangel2009
    Options
    Hey there. I am 20 goin on 21 this month. I am a college student and would also like to lose about 25 pounds. i am about 205 now and would like to get down to 175 by the end of summer. My Ultimate goal is 150. I am ready to work!
  • CindiBryce
    CindiBryce Posts: 438
    Options
    Hello, I am going to enter my freshman year in the fall and I want to lose roughly fifteen pounds.
  • liskeyka
    liskeyka Posts: 4
    Options
    Seems like you've already accomplished a lot! That's awesome! Whats your workout/diet like if you don't mind me asking?
  • liskeyka
    liskeyka Posts: 4
    Options
    P.S. my sister (who is 24) has been recently working out as well. She & i decided today that we are going to do a 5K in mid-July. I hateeee running. I'd rather do an hour of some other kind of workout versus like 20 minutes of running haha so we'll see how it goes. We are going to start slowly training starting tomorrow morning so wish me luck!!!

Its called "Color Me Rad- 5K". It is on July 18th in Richmond, VA. Look it up on YouTube. It looks like a party & a 5K rolled into one! Plus the registration fee goes towards the Special Olympics so it's a great cause! Lemme know if you want more info if you wanna join in on the challenge!