I really need some motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• amygaycheme
    Options
    what inspires/drives you?

What inspries me? I started because I was afraid that my dissatisfaction with my body would in some way harm my daughter's thinking about her own one day. I was unwilling to NOT chase my Son when he said "Mommy, chase me!"

I'm keeping going because I love how powerful I feel. (The new look in my Husband's eyes is pretty good too! :love:

Good Luck to you, Amy - you will find your motivation and when you do, watch out!
    that is awesome! I see it in my 11 yr old daughter already. she sees me constantly looking in the mirror sideways and I see her doing it now....
  • Lainey622
    Lainey622 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use to think that you had to walk or jog at least 3 miles, join jazzercise, or workout to an aerobic DVD to get a good workout. I have actually done each of those, but didn't stick to any of them for long. I am much older now, and the little aches and pains have grown to be big aches and pains. So now I've slowed down to the common sense technique of "just keep moving". I really try to watch what I eat, but sometimes I over indulge there too. So balance is the key when you can't do the things you used to do.
    For me, I like doing the Leslie Sansone, "Walk away the pounds". There's the 1, 2, or 3 mile walk that you can do in the privacy of your home. I get a good sweat going, and it feels great just knowing that I've gotten through it. Listen to your body, but anything helps if you just keep moving. Your body burns calories everyday, even if you just stayed in bed. But you can add to that with just a little more work around the house or something. Take care of yourself, and give yourself time to get the weight off. It's important to stay well. Good Luck.
  • jennyb612
    jennyb612 Posts: 83
    Options
    what inspires/drives you?

What inspries me? I started because I was afraid that my dissatisfaction with my body would in some way harm my daughter's thinking about her own one day. I was unwilling to NOT chase my Son when he said "Mommy, chase me!"

I'm keeping going because I love how powerful I feel. (The new look in my Husband's eyes is pretty good too! :love:

Good Luck to you, Amy - you will find your motivation and when you do, watch out!
    that is awesome! I see it in my 11 yr old daughter already. she sees me constantly looking in the mirror sideways and I see her doing it now....

They start younger and younger... my daughter is only 2 and I am so hoping that she never even remembers me heavy.