my success story with tips

Options
SexyMidnight
SexyMidnight Posts: 72 Member
Hi, my name is Skilyn, I am married and i have 1 child Rylyn a nealry 3 year old little girl that is me times 3!!! At my post pregnancy weight i was 135. The freshmen 10 hit me throughout that year! So at 135 i find out im pregnant. 18 yrs old living at my parents with my boyfriend who thank god had a steady and great job who i also married! This pregnancy hit me hard i mean hard puking for 5 months bed rest left and right i was told that i misscarried and i ended up with the stomach virus yuck!! Anyways one night i started having weird feeling i woke and texted my mom and asked her what did labr feel like she said cramps i said well then we need to go to the hospital, Now back up just a few we lived in our own apartment then and i was only 28 weeks! i woke up shaun and told him not to panic (which means PANIC) but i was going into labor! I went to the hospital where my dr was on call and of course he was no where to be found so i got a really awesome lady that i wish i had had the whole time!! They put me on a drip and sent me home with this medicine that made me feel like i was having a heart attack well they started again this time i was dialating fast so they sent me to the best hospital possible! I went through a week of labor then they finally let me have her at 29 weeks! She came at 2 pounds 14.5 inches long! THIS IS WHERE I STARTED GAINING ALL OF MY WEIGHT!! She stayed in the hospital for 45 days while i stayed in a ronald mcdonald house so i could visit her! my mom granny and shaun switched out so i wouldnt have to stay by myself! after the 45 days we went home she weighed less than 4lbs. I had to sit in the house for 6 months with her bc she had no immune system and if she caught anything she could have died and to this day she has only been sick 2 times! So sitting at home i got bored a lot and ate alot i ended up weighing 182 and didnt realize it till last year on my birthday on vacation holy **** how did i get that big and not know it!!! Around thanksgiving i started taking shots and taking pills which worked but there is no quick fix so it stopped and i started taking these steps and one on top of the other until i mastered them and i continue to do so today

#1 Realizing i had a problem
#2 i stopped drinking soda! Stop cold turkey (yes i had really bad withdrawls and was a total biotch for a week)
#3 made slow changes to my diet like eating less proceesed junk and junk food (but if you cut if out completely you will get tired of eatign healthy food some junk is ok for you but you limit to like once a month have a cheat day!) I do have something sweet everyday whether its 4 m&m or skittles!)
#4 taking one step at a time!! I started walking everyday now im running and doing bodyweight exercise and going to the gym!!
#5 find people that will motivate you not bring you down! (if they are jealous then get rid of those people they will only drag you down with their negativity)
#6 get a pair of jeans you cant put your whole leg in and make them your goal jeans!
#7 love yourself! i have days where i hate everything about my body but i get past them with the help of my friends on mfp!
#8 commit yourself to one day at a time if you fall off the wagon then simply start over the next meal!
#9 get your lazy *kitten* off of the couch bc no matter how slow you start you are still lapping everyone that is on the couch!!!
#10 Make good choices to fuel your body if you feed it junk it will run like a piece of junk if you feed it protein veggies fruit whole grain good fats then you will run like never before!!!
#11 figure up your bmr and tdee take your tdee and subtract 15% that is how many calories a day you are supposed to eat! (you can find the calculators online) eat this number everyday no matter what! do not eat exercise calories unless you work off a significant amount!)
Good luck everyone and remember you are worth it and you can do this if you put your mind to it!! I believe in you and you should believe in yourself!
peace and love to you all my friends!

Replies

• In_His_Image
    In_His_Image Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! Just what I needed. Lol- love #9. :)
  • LiveforChange
    LiveforChange Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    thanks for the tips !
  • Haappy97
    Haappy97 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks!
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    thanks and congrats. I too love #9
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    #9 get your lazy *kitten* off of the couch bc no matter how slow you start you are still lapping everyone that is on the couch!!!

My dear friend... I am soooo glad that we found each other on this wonderful site! :flowerforyou:
  • NeverEverEasy
    Options
    Tip #9 - Lololol that is awsome!
    Great job. :))

~Happy logging~
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!!
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Great ideas & I'm so glad your family is safe & healthy!!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wow! So sorry to hear about your problem pregnancy but it is great that you had such a positive outcome. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • SexyMidnight
    SexyMidnight Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! This website is full of positive people and i love it here!
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bump nice tips! =]
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    #11 figure up your bmr and tdee take your tdee and subtract 15% that is how many calories a day you are supposed to eat! (you can find the calculators online) eat this number everyday no matter what! do not eat exercise calories unless you work off a significant amount!)

This is so true! Shortly after I started MFP, I looked up my bmr and tdee at my goal weight and that's what I have stuck to for my loss, it's really teaching me my limits and better habits. I try to stay within my goal each day and never set out to eat up my exercise calories (I have gone over and don’t sweat it).

Congratulations on your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!