confused

Options
I put in my food and exercise logs and the predicted scale keeps telling me my weight should go down but I'm stuck. I have lost over 30lbs, 3 to 4 dress sizes and 3 pants sizes. Now---->STAND STILL!!!
The scale isn't moving as predicted by myfitnesspal. What am I doing wrong??? I have no clue. HELP!

Replies

• foxfireash
    foxfireash Posts: 24
    Options
    BUMP
  • kodaks
    kodaks Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Have you lost inches?

When is the last time you saw your weight go down?
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If you're exercising, it is possible that you're gaining muscle while losing fat. Muscle takes up less space which would explain why you're shrinking but the scale numbers aren't. Either way, don't worry about the scale so much. Your measurements matter more. No doubt you're in much better shape now than 30lbs ago!
  • lutkica01
    lutkica01 Posts: 65
    Options
    you have probably hit a plateau. From what I have read if you hit a weight loss plateau it helps to go back and eat at your maintenance calories for 2 weeks and then go back to deficit again after that. Also switch up to different work outs, and incorporate weight lifting into your routine.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    When you are asking for help, it makes it easier if you make you diary public.
  • searles48
    searles48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have to update your profile with what weight you are currently at and keep updating it when you actually loose. If your home/profile still says you weigh at your old weight it still calculates it from that starting point.
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    When you are asking for help, it makes it easier if you make you diary public.

We need more information to help you... CW/Height, how many cal's are you eating/burning etc
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You have only joined MFP less than a month ago. No record of weight or food logging... Maybe that is why it isn't working.
  • jcameron731
    Options
    You should change up your routine....Your body has gotten used what your doing..
  • acs4162
    acs4162 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it tells me I should gain weight and I still lose that day. I know sleep and water have alot to do with weight loss. I lose more weight if I sleep alot and drink alot of water. I tend to NOT lose weight if I eat late at night or eat alot of my calories towards the end of the day, rather than eating more than half my calories by noon.

Good Luck!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking lots of water? Measuring and weighing your foods? Are you workout alot....are you eating enough? It really can be so many things.
  • overboard23us
    Options
    tons of inches.
  • overboard23us
    Options
    I know all of that, it's just frustrating at this point! Thanks for the support!
  • overboard23us
    Options
    Working on that at this time. I usually cross train.
  • overboard23us
    Options
    I drink tons of water. water freak here! lol!
  • overboard23us
    Options
    I try to always change up my routine! Thanks!
  • overboard23us
    Options
    I don't weigh my food. I pretty much know what is what by it's size.
  • overboard23us
    Options
    my work out is usually 2 to 2.5 hours on Monday, Thursday and Fridays since, I work Sat, Sun, Tues and Fridays. I try to do 90 minutes of cardio to make up for the days I don't and on my weekday work days I try and get strength training in.
  • overboard23us
    Options
    According to what this program says I shouldn't be doing less then 1200 no more than 1460. I try to stay in between that so I have a deficit for weight loss.
  • overboard23us
    Options
    okay then I will start with that!