Now that I am tracking my food I dont wanna eat

Options
Hi Guys...its like I am not eating enough now that I am tracking whateverI eat. Usually I take the lid off my head and start pouring food down my face but now that I am tracking everything I find myself looking for things to eat to meet the calorie quota. My goodness. This is both fun and challenging at the same time. Good lock everyone.

Replies

• 1985Andy
    1985Andy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Good luck! MFP really helps you keep on top of your calorie in take.

Don't let it get on top of you too much though, enjoying getting healthy is key to you keeping it up. If you make it a chore it'll be more difficult to keep to.

:)
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Haha I found the same thing when I started tracking. It gets easier :flowerforyou:
  • leighlyn
    leighlyn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks good luck to you as well:)
  • kdavis82508
    kdavis82508 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! When I started tracking I was shocked at some of the crap I was eating. I eat a lot of stuff but it is all low cal. So that way I still feel like I am eating all the time, but it is all low cal. I am ussually under my limit. If I go over I go for a walk to make myself feel metter
  • ashmarie484
    ashmarie484 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me. Most days I barely make it to 900. Now that Im tracking and realizing exactly how many calories/fats are in foods I find myself grossed out & makes my appetite go away. Hope you find it easier soon.
  • Orchdork13093
    Options
    I just started last Tuesday and the same thing happened to me. Now, before I cook up a frozen dinner or cook up a favorite recipe, I look at the calories plus the sodium. I think this is just one step in many to becoming healthier.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's exactly how the beginning went for me. As you start to make your new diet and way of eating become part of your normal routine it becomes much easier. Good luck!
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    I feel ya. It's a blessing though. Keeping track keeps us in line, and helps us reach our goals more effectively :-)
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    It's work but the end reward is the best! Way to get started on your journey...
  • rebrcca3434
    Options
    I feel the same way! Especially with the nutrition stats!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you are eating the calories you are told to eat, and don't treat this as a "gaah! calories bad!" issue and start avoiding food too much. That's a short and slippery slope to an eating problem.

Calories are your friends. They keep your body functioning and healthy. Just like friends, you want to keep the ones that are supportive and stay away from the ones that just want to get you in trouble.
  • jinglett
    jinglett Posts: 69
    Options
    Just make sure you are eating the calories you are told to eat, and don't treat this as a "gaah! calories bad!" issue and start avoiding food too much. That's a short and slippery slope to an eating problem.

Calories are your friends. They keep your body functioning and healthy. Just like friends, you want to keep the ones that are supportive and stay away from the ones that just want to get you in trouble.

I love that way of thinking of Calories! I love to find double duty friends--ones that are tasty, ones that give me great energy and especially the ones where they are naturally low in calories but high in nutrition. I am not a low fat no fat eater---gave those products all up--they are full of fillers and other junk my body doesn't need. A little of the real deal for fats go a long ways in taste and satisfaction and the naturally healthy things like fruits and veggies can be consumed without too much worry.
  • ChiefsChick4Life
    Options
    After all my hard work and exercise I saw (after I ate it of course) that a Medium Fry from Wendy's was over 400 calories, I was like "ummm, I don't think so! Never again!". This site is awesome.