I Need Help..

Options
I really need help.. I've been trying to lose weight for soo long, but it's like nothing I do is good enough.. And, I've been gaining more than I have been losing.. What is wrong with me? I just can't seem to keep myself motivated anymore.. And, the fact that everyone likes to pick me about my weight (and, other insecurities) does NOT help..! What can I do to stay motivated? I really want this all to just go away.. :( I don't know what to do anymore..

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    You need to consider opening up your food diary ... hard to give suggestions if its not viewable hun..

Keep your chin up!!!
  • Yoshimi1977
    Yoshimi1977 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight for soo long, but it's like nothing I do is good enough..
    ....I just can't seem to keep myself motivated anymore.. And, the fact that everyone likes to pick me about my weight (and, other insecurities) does NOT help..! What can I do to stay motivated? I really want this all to just go away.. :( I don't know what to do anymore..
    [/quote

DON'T GIVE UP!!! I am the same way with motivation and trying to lose for so long and it seems like I do good for a while then cave in and go back to what I used to do. With MFP I have been able to reign in my portions, track my water intake (I was NOT taking in nearly enough water & have increased it greatly) and making sure I get in a little exercise each day. It is hard when people tease and make fun but do this for you! You can do this and you will do great!
  • ProjectRG
    ProjectRG Posts: 4
    Options
    Like, to where people can see what all I've eaten? How do you do that?
  • ProjectRG
    Options
    And, thank you both for commenting. Is it ok if I add you both?
  • rwperez
    rwperez Posts: 13
    Options
    I know how you feel. I don't have much of an answer for you because I haven't solved it either. Add me if you like...maybe one of us will figure this out and can help the other.
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    Like, to where people can see what all I've eaten? How do you do that?

Click on "settings" at the top of the page, then click "diary settings", next scroll down to "diary sharing." You have the option for keeping your diary private, making it public, sharing with just friends or locking with a code. Keep your head up. Remember your goals and that this is a journey that takes time and dedication. Also, looking at the success stories board is great motivation. Hope you find what you're looking for and good luck!

fixed my spelling
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Its something that you have to decide to do for yourself. I knew I needed to loose weight for several years. I kept telling myself that I was going to try, but usually quite after a couple days. About 4 months ago I started having chest pains, this was just a couple months after having a suspicious spot on my mammogram that required additional testing. I also had high blood pressure and severe acid reflux. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life sick and feeling lousy. That is what motivated me. Good luck, I hope you find the key that will give you the motivation to stick to it!
  • katistrophic88
    Options
    One way to stay motivated is set smaller goals to kick start yourself, example: Monday and Thursday set a time to go for a 20 minute walk even just a leisurely stroll, and look at your current calorie intake, how ever much that is only ask of yourself to eat 100 calories less a day then your current amount, and each week take off another 100 calories a day until you've reached a healthy calorie range for your specific body type that is still low enough to kick the extra pounds but high enough to keep your metabolism going strong. And each week add another day to walk of even jog when you're ready. Remember too you are far from alone as it is hard for most people to 1. Get motivated and 2. Stay motivated. One thing that helped me keep more motivated was to add a supplement, I take oxy elite pro it's not horrible in price and it works great for giving energy and surpressing appetite, but make sure if you do a supplement such as oxy elite pro that you talk to a doctor first as they can be high in caffeine and if not taken properly can cause heart problems. But I wish you and everyone else the best of luck on your journey! Stay Strong and dont listen to anyone who tells you that you can't do it! Because you can if you tell yourself that you can!

-katistrophic88 down 4lbs this week 12lbs in the last 2 months-
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I really need help.. I've been trying to lose weight for soo long, but it's like nothing I do is good enough.. And, I've been gaining more than I have been losing.. What is wrong with me? I just can't seem to keep myself motivated anymore.. And, the fact that everyone likes to pick me about my weight (and, other insecurities) does NOT help..! What can I do to stay motivated? I really want this all to just go away.. :( I don't know what to do anymore..

Add me if you like :) The answer to your question is different for everyone. Try really hard to ignore everyone's mean comments and just focus on yourself. Make your MFP about YOU. It's your go to place when people are picking on you. Use it for all it's worth. There is a wealth of information and support right at your fingertips. AND believe that you can do it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sunlight2011
    Sunlight2011 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    OK. Hold up and take a breath. You're on here so excellent start. The people who rag on you may have there own reasons for making you feel bad about yourself based on their insecurities. This is no excuse but use it as motivation. Don't let the emotional side of things hold you back. Someone said on T.V the other day that you look on the outside how you feel on the inside and its so true. Do this for yourself and be as kind to yourself as you would to someone else in your position. Go for it and you will succeed.
  • bigpenguin570
    bigpenguin570 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    First, relax. Slow and steady. You can only control what is right in front of you at the moment. So, face each meal as you have it, count your calories, and maybe take your dog for a walk. Try to hang out with people who are like minded, and don't be hard on yourself.
  • ProjectRG
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your kind words and help! I'm trying to stay strong, because I do want to be healthy. And, I try not to listen to others when they're trying to put me down, but I guess I just can't help but to think it's true.. But, thank you all again. I really appreciate it! <3