Measuring yourself

Options
When you measure your waist, is that at the belly button line? When you measure your chest, is it across the nipple line? Hips? I'd like to start measuring to see if I come up with results! Sorry for being clueless lol

Replies

• chesneyfan01
    chesneyfan01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great question!!! I'd also like to know the proper way to do measurements!! :smile:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I measure my bust across the fullest part. As for the waist and hips...its hard to explain but when I put tape measure around, I can feel what is the spot for it. Hope that makes sense.
  • rebecca_d35
    rebecca_d35 Posts: 131
    Options
    Measure your waist at the smallest part of your torso. It's right above your belly button--the spot where you get a crease when you bend sideways at the hip.

Bust is around the fullest part--with a bra on.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    More important than measuring the right place is measuring the same place. Meausurements are most useful to compare to themselves, so you need to pick places that you can replicate easily.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks everyone! :)
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'd say just measure at bellybutton level and measure at the point at all times for your waist.

And measure right under the bewbs for your chest.
  • travelerdunks
    Options
    The key to measuring is measuring in the same place every time. So make it your belly button for your waist. The hips, is a bit harder to gauge, so go for the widest part on your hips and measure. If you have a freckle there, it would make it easier. My chest, I normally measure at the nip, and around where the band normally is. Just so I know if I have lost a cup size, or gone down all together in size.