Starting today, June 4th

Options
Today is my first day on this site, so I'm still finding my way around. I have about 35 lbs to lose, and this site looks very user friendly.

Replies

• TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Welcome, it is user friendly! You will also find a lot of great supportive people here.
  • Suzie4Health
    Options
    Starting again today!!
  • LaurieWBrown
    Options
    I, too, am starting today! What a journey we have in front of us! Good luck to you!
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    Its an awesome sight!! I have really enjoyed having all MFPs keeping me accountable.
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :-)
  • Debstarr13
    Debstarr13 Posts: 10
    Options
    i start (again) today too! add me if you like! (that applies to anyone! :D)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Welcome...it's a wonderful site with lots of support!!
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Good luck guys! err, gals. This place is great! Starting can be the hardest part but this site is very user friendly and the people are inspiring. Use this site to smack your weight loss demons in the face!
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great site. Make friends to keep you accountable. There are great tools, recipes and fantastic success stories. I hope to be a success story one day. Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • swpdxmama
    swpdxmama Posts: 1
    Options
    I started today, too. I have at least 15 lbs to lose, but it would be amazing if I could do 20. It's hard, but I'm determined. I've never used a site like this but I need someone / something to hold me accountable.

Good luck!
  • lightheartyoga
    Options
    I am also starting today after weighing in at my Dr's office. My initial goal is 10 pounds. Best of luck to all of us newbies.
  • happyapplegirl
    Options
    I am starting again today as well (kind of lost my gumption last year). Best of luck to you!
  • scott1280
    scott1280 Posts: 19
    Options
    Today is the first day of the rest of our lives! Best of luck to you and stick with it (and the site). Well worth the effort!!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today, too! I'd been using MyPlate, stopped for a while and decided to get back into it. I have heard that MFP is a bit more accurate.

I want to lose however much weight that I do between now and June 30 before my first dress fitting. Then I'll maintain until early August/after my wedding. I want to lose a total of 38 pounds. I'd like to lose it in under a year. I think that is reasonable. My MOH just got married a few weeks ago and told me she wants to lose 30lbs in a year starting June 15 so I'm kind of excited to do this with her even if we don't actually work out together.
  • kellya009
    kellya009 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yay! Welcome! I love my iPad app, it's so easy to login and add to your log everyday. If you have an iPad/iPhone I highly recommend it! Good luck on your weight loss!
  • lindar11201
    lindar11201 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!