Okay -- where do I go from here?

Options
So I have done great for about a week now - but we went out to celebrate some good news and I just punched in my lunch and I have BLOWN it for the day. After lunch I've already run over 367 calories and 51 grams of fat. Fortunately, I'm super full and still have a workout to do - BUT...how much will this throw me off? I'm trying to stay true to these numbers and in the past couple days have been well under the mark.

Thoughts? :ohwell:

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    So I have done great for about a week now - but we went out to celebrate some good news and I just punched in my lunch and I have BLOWN it for the day. After lunch I've already run over 367 calories and 51 grams of fat. Fortunately, I'm super full and still have a workout to do - BUT...how much will this throw me off? I'm trying to stay true to these numbers and in the past couple days have been well under the mark.

Thoughts? :ohwell:
    one day wont hurt ya ...... just get back on the wagon ... put this day behind ya and start fresh tomorrow .......dont beat yourself up to bad ..... just move forward ... YOU CAN DO THIS and GOOD LUCK :wink:
  • kimberjones
    Options
    What ^she^ said.

You'll be fine. Sometimes it's better to go over your calories on some days - it's supposed to help your body lose weight - not sure how but I'm sure if you look through older posts you'll find info about zig zagging your calories.

It's okay!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Deezba
    Deezba Posts: 12
    Options
    I agree with ittybittybadonkadonk! I went over my calories this past weekend. So on Monday I put the weekend behind me and started fresh. I pushed myself a little bit more during my workouts and I feel great. Put the past behind you, start out fresh and GOOD LUCK. You can do it!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    No big deal, unless you start doing it every day. I'm sure you didn't eat enough to gain weight with those kind of numbers, just maybe not lose quite as much. Probably, averaged out over the week, and figuring in the exercise, you won't even notice a difference at the end of the week. Just keep on keeping on!
    Here's to smart choices!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    If you were well under for a few days, then going over by 300 cals one day won't do harm.
    Drink lots of water, get your exercise in.
    If you feel bad, do an extra 15 mins tonight.

We've all done it. Forget about it, and back on track tomorrow.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Hey, I want to go the other way here. How far is "well under" for the other days? You don't really want to be well under. You should be aiming for the number of calories given, not using it as a maximum.

But to your question, one day will not kill you, or even make it noticable. Just get back tomorrow and don't make a habit out of it. One day is one day too, not one day a week or one day every few days. One day is one day. I'm not as fluffy and nice about it though as other people are. Good luck, let me know if you need any advice or have any questions. :drinker:
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hey, I want to go the other way here. How far is "well under" for the other days? You don't really want to be well under. You should be aiming for the number of calories given, not using it as a maximum.

But to your question, one day will not kill you, or even make it noticable. Just get back tomorrow and don't make a habit out of it. One day is one day too, not one day a week or one day every few days. One day is one day. I'm not as fluffy and nice about it though as other people are. Good luck, let me know if you need any advice or have any questions. :drinker:

Well said. I always make things fluffy..lol. It's nice not hearing it that way, too. :drinker:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Oh Well !! Go workout HARD for an hour, then drink xtra water , it will help!!!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    and remember that the goals we have are under what we burn without excersize so you probably didnt go over too bad! i went over 1300 one day and i havent gained so keep your head up! your not as bad off as you may feel you are!:wink: