Calories left post-lunch?

Options
How many calories do you have left after lunch?

I am finding that I have about 900-950 (this is including the calories that I earn through exercise). Meaning bkfst/lunch usually around 500 total.

I do this kind of on purpose since I am a night eater - and I know I need to save a lot for night. Anyone else do this?

Replies

• Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! Normally I don't feel good unless I have at least 900 calories left. I do that because my husband makes dinner, and I love his cooking and want to be able to eat! Also, I like to have a glass of wine or a beer with dinner and not worry about busting my calories.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    About the same - sometimes more if I had a smaller breakfast. I snack a lot in the late afternoon.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Yep.

I usually am fine while at work, keeping busy. But when I get home, I'm like raiding the cupboard and just snacking non-stop ><, which I've been gradually getting under control.

Right now, it's 4 pm, one hour left at work, I'm only at 470 cals which is like 40% of my daily allowance.
  • rebrcca3434
    Options
    Yes.... If I don't have enough calories at night I will over eat but it doesnt bother me to have a light lunch and breakfast.
  • ChrisK7265
    ChrisK7265 Posts: 21
    Options
    i always eat more after lunch than before. It's the way it works best for my family and I'm still losing.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I like to keep mine above 700. If it dips below that I try to go for a walk or something -- I need those calories to make it through 'till bedtime without feeling like I'm "dieting"!