I just want to feel good!

Options
there are days when I think "okay, I look pretty good" but then there the awful days that I think "ew... I look so digusting!" I just want this weight gone... I weighed myself the other day at the gym and I am 156... I am 19, 5 foot 4! My dad is 3 pounds lighter than I am haha, he is the same height as me and 50 years old :( Today I am feeling very unmotivated, and feel really awful about myself. MFP always makes me feel better because I know I am not a lone in this. I feel like I have been working pretty hard to get in shape but it`s just not working. Weekends are my enemies, but I am getting a lot better. It just doesn`t seem to be paying off, I eat pretty healthy although I could eat better, and I work out 4-5 days a week most weeks sometimes even 6 days a week. I wish I could just lose 10 pounds over night!! I know that can`t happen, but how do you all keep motivated even when you plateau?

Replies

• leshawnturner
    Options
    Staying motivated through a plateau is really tough and I understand how you feel (i'm in a plateau too). The feeling of not going forward tends to over shadow the elation of not going back to where you were. Remember that weight loss is a journey and sometimes we get lost and sometimes we have to stop to rest awhile. I think of a plateau as your body stopping to rest awhile and test the waters to make sure this is really what you want to do. Banks has a really good article on here somewhere about plateaus and how to work through them, you should read it. (you can ask him for it his screen name is Banksanator, i think) Look under the general info stuff.

I don't know you but I believe you can make it through this!!!:drinker: If you didn't want to loose the weight you never would have signed up for MFP, just remember why you sign up and the good feeling you had about getting started making a change. Go back and check what you are eating and how much. then tweak it. that might help!!

Good luck and hang in there!!! :tongue: :drinker:
  • kimberjones
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I held a plateau for what seemed like FOREVER!! Them, BAM, it let up and things started getting better.

I still get discouraged but, on days like today, when I put on a pair of jeans that I've had for a couple of years (that used to be tight) and they're almost too big, I feel soooo much better and it motivates me to keep going.

There's a GREAT encouragement network on MFP. You picked a great place to come for a pick-me-up.

Hang in there. We do all go through it and you can make it the rest of the way. Just remember that one pound lost is a LOT more than it seems. Think about a pound of hamburger.....that's a LOT for one person and you lost that much...I get discouraged about not seeing big numbers and wish sometimes that it would all just go away but it didn't come on overnight. It got there from habits that have developed over time and if you were to wake up and it all be gone you would not have dealt with the habits that go it there and it would just come back. Slow going is best - even though I wish mine would all just disappear too.

Don't lose heart!!

:flowerforyou:
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Hang in there! The weight took a long time getting there and it will come off. A positive attitude helps--especially on those down days. We all struggle. Think of the struggle a butterfly goes through getting out of the cocoon and how beautiful it is. That will be you when you succeed. :smile: :wink: :happy: :flowerforyou: