Favorite Dinner Recipes

Options
Hello, trying to find new, healthier, ideas for dinner. Thought if everyone shared one or two of their favorite dinner recipes I could start a collection.

Thanks in advance for the ideas!

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Bump to post on later. I have a few really good recipes .
  • amanda89
    Options
    *bump
  • amanda89
    Options
    lets try again
    *bump*
  • allisontaylor
    Options
    Super quick and easy: Annie's All Natural Alfredo Penne Pasta (in a box). About half way through the pasta cooking, add in one whole bag of frozen (I use organic) brocoli florets. Feeds 3 people at around 350 calories. YUMMY!

Mexican Pita Pizza: spread a whole wheat pita bread with salsa, top with rinsed and drained black beans, a little diced avocado, and top with 1/4 cup shredded low fat cheese. Broil (or even microwave) for until the cheese melts. Can't remember the calories exactly....but I think around 300-400.

Black Bean/Spinach burrito: Mix one can of black beans with one block of frozen spinach and garlic, pepper, cilantro, etc. (any spices will work). Cook in covered sauce pan until the spinach is thawed and hot. Using a low calorie tortilla shell, sprinkle some low fat shredded cheese, some brown rice, the bean/spinach mixture, and some salsa. Roll up and enjoy!
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This recipe is SO super easy and SO super delicious! Instead of mixed veggies, I just add 2 c of frozen broccoli. When it's finished, you've got your chicken and then a cheesy broccoli and rice side. So quick and simple to make -- and it tastes delicious!

Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole
    Prep: 15 minutes
    Bake: 50 minutes
    Stand: 10 minutes

Serves: 4

Ingredients:
    1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
    1 1/3 cups water
    3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast half (about 1 pound)
    1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
    Heat the oven to 375°F. Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.

Top with the chicken. Cover the baking dish.

Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Top with the cheese. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir the rice before serving.

Serving Suggestion: Serve with a Caesar salad. For dessert serve frozen Italian-style water ice or gelati.

Alfredo: Substitute broccoli flowerets for the vegetables and substitute 1/4 cup grated Parmesan for the Cheddar cheese. Add 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese with the soup. Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining Parmesan cheese.

Lower Fat: Use Campbell's® 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup instead of regular soup and use low fat cheese instead of regular cheese.

Mexican: In place of the onion powder and black pepper use 1 teaspoon chili powder. Substitute Mexican cheese blend for the Cheddar.

Italian: In place of the onion powder and black pepper use 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed. Substitute 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan for the Cheddar.

Nutrition Information

Using Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup : Calories 410, Total Fat 13g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 94mg, Sodium 699mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 36g, Vitamin A 28%DV, Vitamin C 28%DV, Calcium 14%DV, Iron 16%DV

Using Campbell's® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup : Calories 379, Total Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 94mg, Sodium 556mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 35g, Vitamin A 29%DV, Vitamin C 28%DV, Calcium 14%DV, Iron 16%DV

Using Campbell's® Condensed Healthy Request® Cream of Chicken Soup : Calories 385, Total Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 91mg, Sodium 447mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 35g, Vitamin A 25%DV, Vitamin C 28%DV, Calcium 14%DV, Iron 16%DV
  • ready4change
    Options
    Whoa that was a large post.... Cambell's Kitchen's website give you a lot of information. :happy:
  • ready4change
    Options
    This one... also delicious! If you can't tell, this cold weather is making me crave those tasty home-cooked casseroles!

Hearty Chicken & Noodle Casserole
    Prep: 15 minutes
    Bake: 25 minutes

Serves: 4
    Cubed cooked chicken is combined with Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, milk, Parmesan cheese and egg noodles, topped with Cheddar cheese and baked until hot to make a soothing family favorite.

Ingredients:

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
    1/2 cup milk
    1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
    2 cups cubed cooked chicken
    2 cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:

Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the soup, milk, vegetables, chicken, noodles, Parmesan cheese and black pepper in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.

Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the chicken mixture. Top with the cheese. Let stand until the cheese is melted.

Serving Suggestion: Serve with a steamed vegetable blend: broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, and a Caesar salad. For dessert serve fresh strawberries topped with whipped topping.

Tip: Easy casseroles like this one are a simple way to transform leftovers. Cooked chicken, turkey or ham will all work in this recipe.

For Golden Onion Chicken & Noodle Casserole, substitute 1/2 cup crushed French fried onions for the Cheddar cheese.

For Hearty Chicken Casserole with a Twist, substitute 2 cups cooked corkscrew-shaped pasta for the egg noodles.

Nutrition Information

Using Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup : Calories 385, Total Fat 17g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 808mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 31g, Vitamin A 0%DV, Vitamin C 0%DV, Calcium 0%DV, Iron 0%DV
  • amanda89
    Options
    I made a good supper last night. Not the healthiest but it was okay if you have some extra calories left for dinner. I don't have the measurements of the ingredients but its pretty easy to figure out. It was a turkey alfredo lasagna. I used ground turkey, lasagna noodles, kraft 4 blend shredded cheese for pizza, alfredo sauce and dry cottage cheese curds. You pretty much just make it like regular lasagna, layer the ingredients, pop it in the oven and its done. Very yummy.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I copied a recipe I saw on The Biggest Loser tonight, and it was delicious! I did not look up the actual recipe (I believe it is on their website) but took the basic idea. It is a good alternative to a hamburger.

It was a turkey burger (I used chicken since I already had it thawed out) with portobello mushrooms in place of the bun. I do not know what they put on the "burgers" on the Biggest Loser but I just had some onions sauteed in olive oil and avocado. I had it with a salad and roasted tomatoes. It was really great, and VERY filling!