Celebrity Motivators

Options
I just changed my profile pic to Bethenny Frankel because I rarely look up to any celebrities, but, I do look up to Bethenny. I'm the last person to follow celebrities, but this lady is the real deal.

The reasons include the fact that she has led a less-than-perfect upbringing, yet has persevered and it paid off for her. She's retained her humility and great sense of humour. She's so relateable. Relevant most to this site, she promotes healthy eating and has designed many recipes herself under her Skinnygirl brand. As well, she does lot of yoga and her bod looks super hot!

She's a couple of years older than me but I relate to her-being an entrepreneur, juggling building a business with motherhood...She's such an genuinely awesome role model and I look up to her...

So, is there anyone in the media whose lifestyle and eating habits you look up to? If so, why?

Replies

• YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    C'mon, there's got to be someone you look up to!

They're not all bad, are they?
  • shayleeloves
    Options
    I look up to celebrities who work out hard--the strong ones, not the skinny ones. First that comes to mind are Carrie Underwood and Jessica Biel.
  • YummyTpn
    Options
    There's got to be more people that look to celebrities and think, "I want what he'she's got going on!" Hmmm...maybe nobody wants to admit it, although that's usually not the case with MFP forums...
  • xForeverx
    xForeverx Posts: 2
    Options
    I look up to lady gaga. Her body is amazing and she is always working out/dancing/rehearsing. I follow her on twitter and before she went on tour she would always post about having to eat healthy.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Not really. I don't really have a role model regarding body image. It's hard for me to say I want to look like someone who has a personal trainer, a personal chef, a housekeeper, and/or a nanny.
  • YummyTpn
    Options
    Not really. I don't really have a role model regarding body image. It's hard for me to say I want to look like someone who has a personal trainer, a personal chef, a housekeeper, and/or a nanny.

I hear you on that one!
  • DrGeriK
    DrGeriK Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I look up to Tosca Reno. She is the author of "The Eat Clean Diet" and looks amazing. She didn't start getting her body in shape until she was in her 40's and now enters in body building contests (she is my age). I am 53 yo and hopefully can get to a point where I have muscle definition.
  • YummyTpn
    Options
    I look up to Tosca Reno. She is the author of "The Eat Clean Diet" and looks amazing. She didn't start getting her body in shape until she was in her 40's and now enters in body building contests (she is my age). I am 53 yo and hopefully can get to a point where I have muscle definition.

I like her too. I haveone of her Eat Clean books, can't remember which one. I think she's the one who coined the term 'clean' in relation to eating and lifestyle, unless I\m incorrect...not sure. :ohwell:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I respect some celebrities, but am not motivated by them. My motivation is in the mirror.