One Pound At a Time

Options
HI I have newly joined myfitnesspal, and I am super excited!
I would love for you guys to add me as a friend, as I love support and I'd love to support you!

No negativity in my life, just a positive attitude surrounded by positive people!

I am going to create a new and improved me, one pound at a time!

What is your goal? What are some goals you have met?

One thing I have noticed,- I am on day 3. Every day that I have put my meals in the log it says I still need HUNDREDS of more calories.

How am I supposed to eat more when I already feel full? Is it possible that I have gained weight in the past because I don't eat enough? Sounds absurd to me.

Replies

• ErinMS04
    ErinMS04 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am new on here too. I love the positive attitude and surrounding yourself with positive people. It really makes such a difference.

I have a 5 month old baby and a 6 year old. I never quite lost all the weight from my first one, so now is the time to get rid of this. I am so unhappy with the way I look and my "baby belly pooch". I know it doesn't disappear overnight, but I am kicking myself for not sticking with my healthy habits sooner. No more excuses, I HAVE to do this. Life is so much better when you are confident and like the way you look!

My goal is to lose 30 pounds and tone up. I am also starting the C25K...very excited to start running!

Good luck to you and I hope we can support each other through this!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you both, MFP is a great site, I've added you both :-)
  • marykay_and_ashley
    marykay_and_ashley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look amazing already though, just thought I would put that out there.
    Having attainable goals is the most important first step.
    I learned this through my Mary Kay business.

Keep in touch, friend requests accepted! :)
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Its easy to think that you shouldn't eat the amount advised - but if you think about it, you can eat that much as still loose weight! Whats the point in restricting yourself when you'll loose that much anyway :-) try more wholefoods - you'll eat around the same but intake of cals will be higher...more energy to do stuff...its not just dieting its feeling good and doing good stuff for your body :)
  • CrazyDaisyMom
    CrazyDaisyMom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Way to be positive! MFP is great and helps out so much, I'm new-ish. Having positive friends helps so much, friend request sent! :happy:
  • marykay_and_ashley
    Options
    Vegan-thanks so much! I really appreciate positive feedback.
    The things I can eat and not feel bad are pickles, and pretzels.
    First of all, I love them! Second of all, they fill me up and I don't eat as much when it comes time for supper.

I think my downfall is that I stay up too late-always have. It would be hard to get hungry at night if I were sleeping like a normal person! ;)
  • mamaoftwo2012
    Options
    I am new also, hoping this pushes me to stay on track!! I think you can definately eat too little and gain weight, I'm no dietician or personal trainer, just in the MANY books and articles I've read. : ) You need all kinds of nutrition and i think when your body is deprived certain nutrients it holds onto others that you may not necessarily want your body to hold onto. Does that makes sense?
    ErinM your response made me feel good, I too have two children one 12, one 4 months old and want to lose 30 lbs! And really need to get on the healthy eating, exercising, since i'm now over the complete exhaustion phase of a newborn! Hope to make some new, supportive friends on here! Good luck girls!!
  • ucsneakerz
    ucsneakerz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'll add ya'll!

In terms of having a ton of calories to go, have you taken a look at the actual nutrients in the calories you are adding? For example, a person can fill up on fatty foods that will make them feel full and be under calories but not have enough protein or fiber or things of that sort, so while they are not eating a ton of calories, without the added nutrients its going to be hard for them to lose weight.
  • ucsneakerz
    Options
    HI I have newly joined myfitnesspal, and I am super excited!
    I would love for you guys to add me as a friend, as I love support and I'd love to support you!

No negativity in my life, just a positive attitude surrounded by positive people!

I am going to create a new and improved me, one pound at a time!

What is your goal? What are some goals you have met?

One thing I have noticed,- I am on day 3. Every day that I have put my meals in the log it says I still need HUNDREDS of more calories.

How am I supposed to eat more when I already feel full? Is it possible that I have gained weight in the past because I don't eat enough? Sounds absurd to me.

The other thing is that you should remember that the the ideal eating pattern is smaller meals more often, instead of 1-3 large meals everyday. What was happening to me was that I was eating breakfast, lunch, a snack, then dinner and having extra calories. I had to remember to eat a bigger breakfast and then a snack in between breakfast and lunch, so that I wasn't trying to stuff myself at the end of the day when I was too short on calories. If you want I can take a look at your food diary and see if I find anything that can help.
  • marykay_and_ashley
    Options
    Thanks for all the wisdom!
    I know I am going to get people on my back for this.
    But my eating regimin is as follows:

Morning-body by vi shake
    snack-pickles
    lunch-body by vi shake
    snack-pretzels---i know they have no nutritional value, but it is only 110 per 19 pretzels, and I like that piece of mind
    supper---steak or chicken, with vegetables and usually around 600 calories
    sometimes I make my own personal pizza....some of the things when adding up the calories seems too good to be true and tastes too good to be true.
    tortilla shell, tomato paste, 7 pieces of pepporoni, and a little bit of cheese.

any thoughts?
  • ucsneakerz
    Options
    Thanks for all the wisdom!
    I know I am going to get people on my back for this.
    But my eating regimin is as follows:

Morning-body by vi shake
    snack-pickles
    lunch-body by vi shake
    snack-pretzels---i know they have no nutritional value, but it is only 110 per 19 pretzels, and I like that piece of mind
    supper---steak or chicken, with vegetables and usually around 600 calories
    sometimes I make my own personal pizza....some of the things when adding up the calories seems too good to be true and tastes too good to be true.
    tortilla shell, tomato paste, 7 pieces of pepporoni, and a little bit of cheese.

any thoughts?

Hmm.... unfortunately I dont know much about the shakes so I can't help that much. In terms of your original issue that you're full and not meeting your calories, I'd assume the shakes are meant to be particularly filling so that you don't get hungry, but on the other hand that doesn't mean that they provide all of the nutrition that you need to get through the day long term. They are meant to be more of a 'quick fix' for weight loss, and then it'll be rather difficult to keep the weight off and you can't use them long term or you wont be getting the nutrients your body needs. I'd say take a look at the specific nutrients your getting each day and see where you are regularly lacking or going over and try to get as close to those numbers as possible (its OK to be under a few). I'd also suggest having something with the shake at least once a day, even if its something like a fiber one bar (or brownie, delicious). Hope this helps!