drinking 8 cups a day

Options
I was just wondering about the 8 cups of water a day. I ALWAYS bring my nalgene with me to classes everyday, but I can never seem to drink more than one bottle a day. How do you guys get to 8? Or, does the water you get from foods such as apples, carrots... etc count?

Replies

• twistedmonkey22
    Options
    I was just wondering about the 8 cups of water a day. I ALWAYS bring my nalgene with me to classes everyday, but I can never seem to drink more than one bottle a day. How do you guys get to 8? Or, does the water you get from foods such as apples, carrots... etc count?
  • kitty1256
    kitty1256 Posts: 45
    Options
    I start early and always have water with me - and as soon as it is gone, I go and refill it. Another thing I do is use those crystal light to-go packs...you can find them in the aisle with the Kool Aid at the grocery store, and it sweetens up the water and actually gives it some flavor - some have 0 calories per packet, others have 5-10 calories.
  • mamatusa
    mamatusa Posts: 40
    Options
    I put a little bit of Cyrstal Light in my water. I also use a little lemon. :smile:
  • bodibykelli
    bodibykelli Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi! I, too, have to focus on water drinking. Yes, you really do have to drink 8 cups of real water, instead of relying on the water in fruits. I make sure that there are small bottles of water in my bathroom (for when I'm getting ready), I've got them in my car, etc., and take small sips, when the opportunities arise (starting when I first wake up). The major benefit I found was that I don't feel the bloat that drinking a large quantity of liquid often gives, and before I know it, I've consumed 1-2 cups more than the 8 cup minimum! Hope this helps! :drinker:
  • Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    Options
    when you arent used to drinking a lot of water it will feel difficult. start adding a few ounces a day to your diet and soon you will be drinking enough. i drink 100 oz water a day. and if i dont get that i can feel it! it just takes time. but dont overlook the importance of water. you need that stuff:smile: