MyFitnessPal recipes?

Options
pookaness
pookaness Posts: 15
I noticed while making my recipes that you can either make it private or share with the community, but I can't find the community recipes. Can someone please tell me where it is hiding? Thank you in advance.

Replies

• ceobob
    ceobob Posts: 1
    Options
    I would like to know this as well. I just entered a recipe. It shows in my recipe box, but I can't see where it is in the community database. Is the community database the section where you add a food and it shows you all the choices? I am not sure. I would like to see the other recipes that people have, along with all the calorie content of each recipe.
  • Effy826
    Effy826 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I also would like access to other mfp receipes!!
  • lvelino
    lvelino Posts: 3
    Options
    I can't find any recipes either.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    ditto
  • ICrunchynutterI
    Options
    yep me too lol
  • roberta65
    roberta65 Posts: 31
    Options
    I have the very same question
  • roberta65
    Options
    Just sent an email from the help setting and I am waiting for FP answer I will let you all know what they say within the next 24 hours .
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Apparently this is something which MFP hopes to add in the future.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    From what I remember, when you "share with the community" it is putting the name and nutrition info into the data base, but they don't actually get the recipe.
  • egysgirl
    egysgirl Posts: 4
    Options
    bump
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere on here once that they're trying to compile enough recipes before they make it public to everyone.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere on here once that they're trying to compile enough recipes before they make it public to everyone.

yeah, but I've been here since May 2011, and it's said that since then....you'd think they'd have enough by now...
  • lsorensen130
    lsorensen130 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    There's a MFP group called "recipe swap" and they have plenty of recipes on their page to keep one busy for a LONG time
  • roberta65
    Options
    okay so i sent a message to FP and here is the response

Julie wrote:
    JUN 04, 2012 | 06:57AM PDT
    Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. Currently, you can not share recipes or meals with other members. We are definitely planning on adding this ability to the program, for a future update. Hopefully you'll see this feature available soon!

In the meantime, thanks so much for using the app. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback or questions. We wish you all the success in reaching and maintaining all of your diet and fitness goals.

All the best,
    Julie