Giving it a try!

Options
Hi,
I just joined today. I have never been one to be able to stick to something for much time. Usually I do pretty well for about a month, then something comes up and I fall off the wagon and it takes me months and months to get back on. Well now, I have no choice, I'm getting married (not til April 2013). And let me tell you, trying on wedding dresses really opened up my eyes. I cannot walk down that aisle with saggy arms and fat hanging over the back of the dress. I just can't do it. I know for me, the diet is the part I struggle with. I am a fast food junkie and I love to drink a few beers each weekend. I know exactly what I need to do, but it's so hard to stay on track. I'm turning 40 in 3 months and I have been the same weight approx for 2 years. Prior to that I was about 7 lbs lighter. I know that doesn't sound like too much, but I'm only 5 foot tall so when I gain 3-5 lbs it's like 20 on a taller person. I hate it :( Losing weight as you age seems to only get harder. I used to be able to drop a few lbs quickly but not anymore! But hopefully finding this site and tracking my food will help.

I will check these boards and hopefully be motivated. So many of you have done so well and that is a huge motivation right there!

Replies

• missvino
    missvino Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi :)
    i am similar to you in that I only want to lose about 7 lbs and tone up ! i have been on this properly now for only about 3 weeks and I have already lost a steady 1 lb a week and feel far more aware of my eating habits than i ever have been without becoming obsessive and scared of food ! (like you I will not sacrifice my few beers and of course my wine ..think the name says it all lol )
    It is a fantastic site and i am sure you will reach your goal!
    Stick with it and best of luck !
  • ntlctrl2012
    Options
    Congrats on ur upcoming wedding and good luck with ur weight loss u will find great support and encouragement here.....feel free to add me!