WTH is wrong today

Options
I think am going to explode I want some home made french fries or a Mexican home made quesadilla witch is deep fried. I am trying my best to make it go away but nothing is helping today GRRRRRR any advise on how to deal would be greatly appreciated. :sad:

Replies

• SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I think am going to explode I want some home made french fries or a Mexican home made quesadilla witch is deep fried. I am trying my best to make it go away but nothing is helping today GRRRRRR any advise on how to deal would be greatly appreciated. :sad:

Witch one do you want more? I would look at the two options, and pick witch one you want the most then enjoy it. That way, you can re-focus. A treat is warranted sometimes :)
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    Be strong!!! Go for a walk, read a book, play a game, call someone on the phone. Brush your teeth. Chew some gum. Eat an apple instead. You can do this!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options

Buy some potatoes and cut them up to french fry size. Spray them with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 375 until they are cooked. Turn over half way through.

Trust me...satisfies the craving every single time.

Although...if your simply craving something deep fried...have it. Just don't binge on it. Make up for it tomorrow...or with some extra exercise.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Make some baked sweet potato fries

1 Sweet potato(Cut into small wedges)
    2 tablespoon of olive oil
    Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
    Bake @400 degreees for 20-25 mins
    Delicious and satisfying

mmmmm

I do this when I crave french fries so bad
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    2 bites is about what it takes to fix a craving, so if you can make yourself stop, then do it! just don't do it 3-4x a day :)
  • leslieleet
    leslieleet Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i have done the red potatoes, baked--works great--also, when i want greasy, salty-i have tried rotisserie chicken, healthy but tastes like its not.
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'd go with a subsitute...or make yourself a healthy version? Loads of really helpful advice here - take it!
  • fatkatlady
    Options
    I agree - pick one of the foods that you are so desparately craving and enjoy it...savor every bite.

It has been noted in diets and nutritional information that is is sometimes better to give in to a craving. Don't go crazy....but enjoy the smell of the food, the texture, the taste, the overall feeling of contentment in that moment.

It is better to give in just a bit then to binge later and negate all the hard work that have put in so far. Just get back on track with your next meal and go forward from there.
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Every now and then we have to break down and eat something we don't want to. If it's driving you that nuts -- have some. You will have to work harder the next few days. So ask yourself? "Is it worth it?" If the answer is yes, then go for it. If you are not willing to give these things up for the rest of your life -- then make them work into your new life. Eat it, COUNT IT, move on. You will also have to have the willpower to let it be now and not again for a while.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    find something to keep you busy, so you don't think of it!
  • omegadrh
    omegadrh Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree with what people are saying about the baked seasoned potatoes in lieu of deep-fried french fries. I gave up deep-fried foods a few years ago, and while I rarely crave any deep fried things now, some good seasoned potatoes wedges in the oven usually hit the spot when I'm itching for french fries.

Stay strong! (Whether that means avoiding the items entirely, or eating just small amounts of them is up to you. "Treats" can be fine, as long as they're in moderation. Your diet is a big picture, so if you eat 100 calories of french fries or pie or celery is up to you, and (to simplify) will have roughly the same effect on your body. Just remember that 100 calories comes a lot more quickly from the first two than the last.)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself and move on......
  • Marcy31
    Marcy31 Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks so much this is why I love MFP I am going to try baking french fries I hope that helps I just felt so guilty and had to get some support before I just went made it worse. If is does not help I will try to make the fattening kind but I just felt so guilty thank you all so much you guys don't know how much this just helped me :smooched:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I thought you were talking about the MFP forums...they sure seem awfully whine-y today..oh....wait...
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I would say....look into the deep fry pot and ask yourself if you really want to drink that oil?
    The oil is so gross and everything that comes out of that pot is soaking in that oil.
    I haven´t eaten deep fried food for years and years and I could not eat that even if I were to be paid for eating it.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    cut a potato up to fry size, put in a covered bowl with a little salt and pepper, and a tbsp of olive oil shake to coat, and bake..as for the quesidilla..a little bit of whatever kind of filling, and cook it in a pan until golden on both sides..
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Make some baked sweet potato fries

1 Sweet potato(Cut into small wedges)
    2 tablespoon of olive oil
    Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
    Bake @400 degreees for 20-25 mins
    Delicious and satisfying

mmmmm

I do this when I crave french fries so bad

good idea
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Make them.

Give them to me.

Everybody wins.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

Alexia sweet potato fries.

http://www.alexiafoods.com/
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Alexia sweet potato fries.

http://www.alexiafoods.com/

I have a bag....yummy!!