I Just Want to Give up....

Options
I have been dealing with allergy problems for about a year now, and just got diagnosed with chronic idiopathic uticaria and angioedima. It sucks....hives everywhere, havent slept in days, itchy all over, and I just wanna eat crap.

Help me out guys....need some support.

Replies

• blakgarnet
    Options
    resist! have a piece of fruit or a slice of whole grain bread. choose to eat the healthy options if you need to eat something.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Don't eat crap! Just think of how you will look and feel when you reach your goal! You don't want to ruin that!!! Feel better :flowerforyou:
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Focus on the goal and don't let life get in your way. Life happens to all of us and you are getting more than your share right now, but handle it with the determination not to give in. Best wishes on your success. :smile: :wink: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Find other things to take your mind off of it...do baths make you feel better? I always feel better when I'm soaking in a hot tub. Are you taking anything for the itch? Benadryl? I think it's important for us all to learn that we can't use food to soothe everything that goes wrong in our lives, because really...it's only going to make things worse in the end.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Crap is full of articial ingredients that will -- at best -- not help your symptoms at all and -- at worse -- will aggrevate them.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    exercise really made me feel better last night when i was really pissed off :flowerforyou:

dont give up, you can do it

i have been healthy since 2007 and i am never giving up!

i will get there and so can you huni

you just need to take it one step at a time

:flowerforyou:
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    Options
    Thanks guys for the support. I'm trying its just so frustrating sometimes.
  • larthur
    larthur Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Most of the time hives are a way that your body is releasing the toxins. Eating junk foods will only make the proccess worse.

I feel awfull for you and understand, to a certain degree. I also have delt with allergies my entire life, and have, on occasion, been covered in hives. There really are few things worse. The last time this happened to me, my doctor told me to take prevacid (anti heartburn meds (OTC) )and Benedryl. I swear my hives went away sooo much faster!!

Good luck!
  • carissa55
    carissa55 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel so bad for you... don't give up though as others have said the junk food will just aggrivate the allergies. I can empthasize with you because last April I had an allergic to reaction to some eye cream I used and my face swelled up with edema and hives. It was horrible. I had to be put on prednisione and take lots of benadryl. Finally the swelling went down after 10 days and then my skin peeled. I'm okay now but I also have lots of allergies and suffer from asthma. So I really feel for you!

Take care of yourself. (((Hugs)))
    Carissa