Craving sweets...any ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• suzieq437
    suzieq437 Posts: 2
    Options
    Dark chocolate is awesomely satisfying. I get medium sized Dairy Queen's dipped in chocolate once a week for a treat. I use Panda black licorice (they make strawberry & blueberry too) during the work day. 7 pieces is 15g carb and curbs my appetite till my next meal. It's also called the "female ginseng" to help one's libido!
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A piece of gum usually helps. I also eat a square of Ghirardelli's Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt and Almonds. One piece is more than enough for me. The biggest impact on my sweet tooth was eating more protein and fat balanced with carbs. Changing what I eat tended to prevent me from craving bad stuff.
  • robinmltn
    robinmltn Posts: 11
    Options
    I love to bake, and I also crave sweets a TON, so it's very hard for me to keep my sweet tooth in check. One thing I like to do is bake something that is one single serving. Chocolate Covered Katie is a food blog and she has TONS of healthier dessert recipes. One recipe is Single-Serving Peanut Butter Cookies: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/07/26/single-serving-peanut-butter-cookies/

I LOVE those cookies because the recipe makes just enough to satisfy me without leaving me a bunch extra that I will binge on. Check out her website though, she has tons of other awesome recipes and she usually includes the nutritional info for them.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    My daughter was telling me that when she is craving sweets or hungry she always ask herself if she is thirsty. She said a lot of times a glass of water will make the craving go away.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Frozen bananas!!! Can slice 'em, dip them in chocolate, peanut butter, nuts, etc. Alternatively, you can blend up the frozen bananas for a very rich, creamy "ice cream"

That sounds so good! I have a frozen banana. I'll have to try that tonight. Thanks for the tip!
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    [Frozen bananas!!! Can slice 'em, dip them in chocolate, peanut butter, nuts, etc. Alternatively, you can blend up the frozen bananas for a very rich, creamy "ice cream"

I ended up making this with a little coconut milk and a sprinkle of raw cacao nibs. AMAZING.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I make cupcakes with cake mix and diet soda :)
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I love sugar free fudgsicles, arctic zero ice cream (vanilla is the best), adora calcium supplements (dark chocolate), diet hot cocoa, luna bars
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    You guys have some great ideas! I can't wait to try some of these! My sweet tooth thanks you! :happy: