Not losing weight - help

Options
2»

Replies

• juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I, too, gained a lot of wait after my last miscarriage. I'm sorry for your loss. I understand the pulling you up by your bootstraps feeling. I have a couple of thoughts about what seems to work:
    Lots of water
    Lots of 200-300 calorie meals (oatmeal, green salads w/ low-cal dressing, fresh fruits and veggies, homemade soups)
    Staying at your TDEE-20% I eat about 1550 a day, then I exercise.
    After I exercise I can eat the exercise calories, which can add up to 300-500 calories.
    Don't skimp one day because you binged the day before on food. I'm 5 foot 7 and not too active, but still eat those calories.
    Walk, walk, walk or swim. Weights and such can be done later. Just go out and move your body.
    Patience. It took months to gain it. It will take months to lose it.
    It has been a very good experience to ball my pain and throw it into exercise.
    I wish you nothing but success in your new lifestyle.
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Try not weighing yourself so much - you might find that ultimately there is weight loss but cos your doing it so often you see it fluctuate.
  • jenoots
    jenoots Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry you've had a difficult time. I did look at your diary and might suggest that you go into reports and add Fats, Carbs, Fiber. You might be surprised how many carbs your taking in. I know there are lots of reason why your not losing, but its important to have a balance with how we spend the calories.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    :: Calories in, calories out!

It really is that simple...and that hard ;) MFP is just a tool to help us really see what we are eating. We still have to eat less calories than we burn in order to lose weight.

Yeah "it's that simple" to a point and then it becomes super complicated and hard, of course. :)
  • fletchbaby
    fletchbaby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyriod tested lately?