ANGRY!!!

Options
SO PISSED OFF>> I WANT TO LOSE MORE WEIGHT!! I literally has been 2 weeks since a change on the scale has happened.. I keep working but it is not paying off. Anyone else have a body slow to respond.? I could really use the motivation to continue on.... PS. I have been working out very hard and seeing no scale results although I do feel my tummy is smaller..... I need more motivation.. I really do at this "rainy day" point.

Replies

• SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Sooooo you're seeing results just not seeing them on the scale? So what! Weight is not the only and best way to track progress. You are making progress because you feel your tummy is smaller. Plus, you can take body measurements for times like this where you think you aren't making any progress but you can see it with measurements.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diary I really don't think you're eating enough. I would suggest eating breakfast, everyday and replacing your snacks with something a little better for you. Don't give up, you just have to figure out what your body needs. You can do this!!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I started on May 17th. I weighed myself 10 days later on Monday the 28th. Didnt drop an ounce. I was a little pissed to. So I changed my plan to low carb (which I should have done anyway because I have diabetes) and I weighed myself today. Down 5 pounds. Now I dont think I lost 5 pounds in a week....part of it was a delayed reaction from my body. DO hang in there. Like you, my capris, which are usually tight when I put them on right after being laundered, were easy to get on. :)
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I had a TWO week stretch last month where I worked out for 2-3 hours each day and ate well (no junk). And despite have enough fat to go around, I lost a damn pound (and that was stretching it). The whole time I'm like WTF, WTF, WTF. I even bought a second scale......and got pissed off times two. :)

And then the next two weeks I dropped like 8 pounds. And now this week the cycle feels like it will be repeating.

So, chill out, do your best and let your body work itself out. Make sure you're eating enough and drinking lots of water. Try not to weight yourself too often. If you're like me, it will just piss you off to no end when things aren't moving.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I do feel my tummy is smaller.

That's pretty much a win in my book. Sometimes it's not always about the number on the scale.

Keep eating at a deficit, be patient and you will see the results in both the scale and the mirror.
  • Vraicroyant
    Options
    I've had that issue these last couple months. I work out really hard, watch what I eat, and barely lose anything. While at a weigh-in, a friend of mine suggested I up my calories by 250 for a couple weeks and see how I did. It worked! What also worked was me adjusting my goals on MFP to Lightly Active instead of Sedentary like I'd had it.

Also, don't forget: while you're burning fat, you're also gaining muscle... and that weighs more. Muscle is more compact and dense which is why your tummy is smaller and your clothes fit a bit better. Taking measurements will help you during these times when you don't lose.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I can't see your food diary.
  • jcombs67
    jcombs67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau, changed my exercise (started a Zumba class two nights a week) and it helped a lot. Good luck and don't give up!!
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diary I really don't think you're eating enough. I would suggest eating breakfast, everyday and replacing your snacks with something a little better for you. Don't give up, you just have to figure out what your body needs. You can do this!!!

I cant see your diary, but that would be my first guess... or you arent drinking enough water and taking in too much salt?
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    SO PISSED OFF>> I WANT TO LOSE MORE WEIGHT!! I literally has been 2 weeks since a change on the scale has happened.. I keep working but it is not paying off. Anyone else have a body slow to respond.? I could really use the motivation to continue on.... PS. I have been working out very hard and seeing no scale results although I do feel my tummy is smaller..... I need more motivation.. I really do at this "rainy day" point.

MUSCLE weighs MORE than FAT!
    get yourself a tape measure and look at your success in that way.
    How do your clothes fit?
    How do you FEEL?
    Can you do more exercise wise than you could 2 weeks ago?
    THESE are successes!

If you feel that your tummy is smaller, IT IS! But if you need that validation (as most of us do) get out the tape measure!
  • sondra1723
    sondra1723 Posts: 31
    Options
    It could be because you are losing weight, but gaining muscle mass. That could be why you are not seeing any movement on the scale......?