One day won't kill me, right?

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
Ugh, I've been feeling like crap today...sore throat, no energy at all. I went to the gym, forced myself to go...and left five minutes later. :sick:

I haven't eaten really bad today, but I'm already over in calories and fat by a little bit. Take a look at my food diary. I almost never go over during the week. I know I'll want something later, like a bowl of cereal or something.

So again I ask, one day won't kill me, right?

Replies

• Stephomie
    Stephomie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Of course not, if you aren't feeling good, you should rest and get better, just try not to eat way over your calories. If you decide to have something later, pick something more nutrient dense than cereal. Make those calories worth something.
  • toots99
    Options
    Well, it'd be skim milk with Kashi probably...I was going to pick something with lots of fiber to help keep me full.
  • carissa55
    carissa55 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm like that today too. Well, I'm not sick but I am tired from working all week and only exercised about 30 minutes or something. Although, I barely sit down at my desk all day. I'm over by about 300 calories today that is after I include the cereal and almond milk I'm going to eat later. I figure one day is fine. I'm usually under my calories.

:)
  • kimberjones
    Options
    Also think about some fruit - you may need the natural vitamin C.

You're right - don't stress - one day won't make a difference and even if you're still feeling bad tomorrow rest your body. It needs its energy to mend itself. That's the way God made it so take care of yourself and I hope you feel better!!

:flowerforyou:
  • toots99
    Options
    You know, once I really thought about it, I think it might not be so bad. I follow the weight watchers plan and though I'm over my calories a bit, I am stil a few points under for the day...I guess having a 1500 (or threabout) calorie day isn't so bad after all.
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    "sore throat, no energy at all"

Better get that checked out to make sure it's nothing serious!

I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you. :smile:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Didn't kill you before you changed lifestyles :wink:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Take care of yourself, and feel better. :)
  • toots99
    Options
    Thanks...I'll be up and at 'em tomorrow...I hope. :laugh:
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did look at your diary and I noticed something- you do not eat enough fat. I only mention this because I noticed the same thing about myself when I started and once I upped my fat intake I lost weight really easily. Add some avocado, oil, butter or meats and cheeses with more fat.
  • toots99
    Options
    I did look at your diary and I noticed something- you do not eat enough fat. I only mention this because I noticed the same thing about myself when I started and once I upped my fat intake I lost weight really easily. Add some avocado, oil, butter or meats and cheeses with more fat.

I eat avocado just about every day...

But I just looked and today, I didn't have any! :laugh: Check back through my other days...would you still think that? Thanks for the advice and taking the time to look. :flowerforyou: