How to track playing with kids?

Options
I'm new to this (yes, another newbie on the forum...please keep rude comments to yourself)...anyways...I run around outside with my son a LOT and I'd like to just see how many calories I burn and possibly track it if it adds up to be significant. How would I go about doing that?

Replies

• Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    How long for?...About how fast? You could set it up as walking for X amount of time at X speed
  • rcolours7
    rcolours7 Posts: 69
    Options
    get an HRM (heart rate monitor, @$60 - Polar-RT4) or pedometer or a FitBit ($100)

also put in the time and subtract calories - better to be under than over.

do a manual check of your heart rate & find an online calculator for calorie burn. wish i could give you some help on what site to go to.
  • emily14046
    emily14046 Posts: 14
    Options
    I climb/run steadily for a good 2 hours and then we usually go for a walk. If we don't get to the park, he helps me in the garden or something. My goal is to get him outside at least for a little while every day. I can track the gardening, but I couldn't find anything for the park time.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Set your daily activity as 'active' and don't log running around with your kid.
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Set your daily activity as 'active' and don't log running around with your kid.

I would agree with this. If it's part of your daily activity, I would just change your activity level to active.