Anyone into anime?

Options

Replies

• KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    anime fan here, loved hajime no ippo, death note and saint seiya

I still read hajime no ippo manga and liked battle royale

I need to watch Hajime no Ippo. I'm kind of vain with my anime, so I haven't tried it out yet because of the way it looks, but I know it's supposed to be a great story XD.

Death Note was great until halfway through @.@, wasn't too fond of Mello or Near ya know ;x? Saint Seiya I remember watching years ago D;! They just came out with a brand new show for it, I think called Saint Seiya Omega? Looks really shiny~
  • AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Like Kara no Kyoukai? Kara no Kyoukai was gorgeous D; . . . . with Yuki Kajiura's music, so beautiful ;-;. The first movie was actually my favorite out of all of them, the atmosphere and everything~

Last Exile I put on-hold, but I plan to finish it one of these days. Too much stuffs to keep up with XD.

Yup KnK was pretty awesome. My favorite character from there is Aozaki Touko and now their visual novel adaptation of their oldest work covers her and her sisters backstory.. in short. :)) the movies were well done, unfortunately fate / stay night has gotten terrible to mediocre adaptations.

Last Exile was more of a show and less of an anime, and I adore it for that reason. Extremely well done . Thanks for the add btw :)
  • Trilaina
    Trilaina Posts: 61
    Options
    Haha, I was actually named after an anime character ^.^;;; I'm more into the shonen stuff than shoujo, but I absolutely love Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon, Vampire Hunter D, Wolf's Rain, FMA, Tank Police, SaiYuki, *keeps rambling on*. Feel free to add me, I'm almost always on. :D
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    Like Kara no Kyoukai? Kara no Kyoukai was gorgeous D; . . . . with Yuki Kajiura's music, so beautiful ;-;. The first movie was actually my favorite out of all of them, the atmosphere and everything~

Last Exile I put on-hold, but I plan to finish it one of these days. Too much stuffs to keep up with XD.

Yup KnK was pretty awesome. My favorite character from there is Aozaki Touko and now their visual novel adaptation of their oldest work covers her and her sisters backstory.. in short. :)) the movies were well done, unfortunately fate / stay night has gotten terrible to mediocre adaptations.

Last Exile was more of a show and less of an anime, and I adore it for that reason. Extremely well done . Thanks for the add btw :)

Yeah, she's pretty kickass~ Loved the fight between her and Araya in that spiral apartment ~

Yeah, I heard Fate/Stay Night isn't very great, but Fate/Zero is getting the greatest reception ever. The animation is supposed to be on par with KnK, even though it's a TV series, makes me excited to watch it ;x. I think I'll need to suffer through Fate/Stay Night first before I touch Fate/Zero for a little more background.

You're welcome ;3.
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am! Love it haha.
  • Grimlock69
    Grimlock69 Posts: 197
    Options
    NARUTO!!!!!
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    Haha, I was actually named after an anime character ^.^;;; I'm more into the shonen stuff than shoujo, but I absolutely love Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon, Vampire Hunter D, Wolf's Rain, FMA, Tank Police, SaiYuki, *keeps rambling on*. Feel free to add me, I'm almost always on. :D

Really XD!? What character? I like all of those except for Tank Police and Saiyuki, haven't watched those yet ;3.
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    where are the sailor moon fans???? ^^ *hugs anime*
  • Thurrin
    Thurrin Posts: 7
    Options
    I was just thinking of starting a thread like this! I absolutely love anime! Have been into anime since my early teens so over a decade now =p Getting more and more into Manga as well. I have so many different shows I like but really enjoyed Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku, Elfen Lied, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (especially 2nd Gig, love the Tachikomas!), Monster, Death Note and loads more! Currently watching loads of series but really like One Piece, Hunter x Hunter (2011), Jormungand, Zetman and Uchuu Kyoudai.

I need to watch Hajime no Ippo. I'm kind of vain with my anime, so I haven't tried it out yet because of the way it looks, but I know it's supposed to be a great story XD.

Hajime no Ippo is great, I put it off for a little while as well but really loved it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it ^^

Is anyone here on myanimelist.net ? if you are then feel free to add me, VoiceWithin ( http://myanimelist.net/profile/VoiceWithin )
    Great place to catalogue your anime and find shows to watch.

Feel free to add me fellow anime lovers =D
  • AFluffyNyamma
    AFluffyNyamma Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Yeah, she's pretty kickass~ Loved the fight between her and Araya in that spiral apartment ~

Yeah, I heard Fate/Stay Night isn't very great, but Fate/Zero is getting the greatest reception ever. The animation is supposed to be on par with KnK, even though it's a TV series, makes me excited to watch it ;x. I think I'll need to suffer through Fate/Stay Night first before I touch Fate/Zero for a little more background.

You're welcome ;3.

I bet as soon as Zero stops airing there's going to be a ton of bashing on it. Frankly I watched the first few episodes of season one and just didn't like it, my favorite part of the novel was the internal monologues which can't exist in anime format lol.. so I was just blah about it. And if you ... Watch fate anime it will just be meaningless lol, its so far removed from the actual visual novel its not worth torturing yourself over! Not as bad as Tsukihime but still...

Anyway yep you should play type moon novels :D

Oh and Carnival Phantasm vvvvvv
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My daughter BIG time
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    I was just thinking of starting a thread like this! I absolutely love anime! Have been into anime since my early teens so over a decade now =p Getting more and more into Manga as well. I have so many different shows I like but really enjoyed Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku, Elfen Lied, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (especially 2nd Gig, love the Tachikomas!), Monster, Death Note and loads more! Currently watching loads of series but really like One Piece, Hunter x Hunter (2011), Jormungand, Zetman and Uchuu Kyoudai.

Hajime no Ippo is great, I put it off for a little while as well but really loved it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it ^^

Is anyone here on myanimelist.net ? if you are then feel free to add me, VoiceWithin ( http://myanimelist.net/profile/VoiceWithin )

I just dropped Zetman, I was a little disappointed with it ><. Jormungand is awesome!! I need to watch the new episode that came out last week XD.

I have a myanimelist too! myanimelist.net/profile/ardamaeus x3!!
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    I bet as soon as Zero stops airing there's going to be a ton of bashing on it. Frankly I watched the first few episodes of season one and just didn't like it, my favorite part of the novel was the internal monologues which can't exist in anime format lol.. so I was just blah about it. And if you ... Watch fate anime it will just be meaningless lol, its so far removed from the actual visual novel its not worth torturing yourself over! Not as bad as Tsukihime but still...

Anyway yep you should play type moon novels :D

Oh and Carnival Phantasm vvvvvv

Hm, from what I've seen on the forums on several anime sites, people are addicted XD. Whatever bashing has been concentrated on I.G.'s latest attempt at making another Code Geass, Guilty Crown. MAJOR bashing of that, I tell you, really bad ;x . . . For good reason though, it was as bad as it was pretty. Big bucks was put into that show~

I don't usually play visual novels, since I'm kinda lazy to find them and download them XD. Plus I'm not sure my poor little PC can handle it ;-;.
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Weird, saw this Chinese girl on YouTube who had her FACE made into that triangle shape, with BIG eyes, pointed, elongated chin..looks freaking weird, and it's FOREVER..FOREVER.:frown:
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    Weird, saw this Chinese girl on YouTube who had her FACE made into that triangle shape, with BIG eyes, pointed, elongated chin..looks freaking weird, and it's FOREVER..FOREVER.:frown:

Do you mean Ulzzang? It's a popular trend in Asia now. It means best face. Asian girls would wear circle lense and glue their eyelids to make a double crease/ makes their eyes even wider to look more doll-like, or anime-like.
  • Thurrin
    Options

I just dropped Zetman, I was a little disappointed with it ><. Jormungand is awesome!! I need to watch the new episode that came out last week XD.

I have a myanimelist too! myanimelist.net/profile/ardamaeus x3!!

I think Zetman is ok it's not great but I don't mind it too much. Yeah I love Jormungand too! Such interesting and diverse characters, want to learn more about Koko and Kaspers background, well everyone's really =p

Your anime list is impressing! Need to catch up ^^
  • freeeza
    freeeza Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello fellow friends, I was wondering if anybody can recommend an anime/manga for me that is similar to Princess Jellyfish/Kuragehime?

What I like about the anime:
    It is not obvious who the main character will end up with.
    The main character is not ditsy or only thinks about her crush, and people like her because of her.
    The story plot is not all about romance.
    This is a break from all of the highschool romance anime I've watched, you know, with that perfect guy/girl everybody wants to be with.
    All the characters are weird yet totally awesome, especially when together.
    To me the plot is original and there are many funny moments.

I enjoyed Ouran Highschool Host Club, Angel Densetsu (so funny!) and The Wallflower/Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge.

I really tried to watch/read Fruits Baskets or Chobits but I just couldn't finish them :/.

I'm sorry if I'm being so picky, it's just it's been a very long time since I've come across anything matches my interests, and I'm losing hope :[.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    I think Zetman is ok it's not great but I don't mind it too much. Yeah I love Jormungand too! Such interesting and diverse characters, want to learn more about Koko and Kaspers background, well everyone's really =p

HER NAME IS KOKO IS SHE IS LOKO I SAID OH NO. She's the best trolll this season XD!!!

Thanks ;3.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    Options
    Hello fellow friends, I was wondering if anybody can recommend an anime/manga for me that is similar to Princess Jellyfish/Kuragehime?

What I like about the anime:
    It is not obvious who the main character will end up with.
    The main character is not ditsy or only thinks about her crush, and people like her because of her.
    The story plot is not all about romance.
    This is a break from all of the highschool romance anime I've watched, you know, with that perfect guy/girl everybody wants to be with.
    All the characters are weird yet totally awesome, especially when together.
    To me the plot is original and there are many funny moments.

I enjoyed Ouran Highschool Host Club, Angel Densetsu (so funny!) and The Wallflower/Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge.

I really tried to watch/read Fruits Baskets or Chobits but I just couldn't finish them :/.

I'm sorry if I'm being so picky, it's just it's been a very long time since I've come across anything matches my interests, and I'm losing hope :[.

Try coming to myanimelist.net and go to the recommendations board there, lots of people to help ;3. I know the manga Usotsuki Lily has similar traits as Kuragehime, but it a shoujo rather than josei, placed in a school setting. Kaichou wa Maid-sama had similar traits to Ouran and was hilarious, but also high school setting ;x!
  • Thurrin
    Options

HER NAME IS KOKO IS SHE IS LOKO I SAID OH NO. She's the best trolll this season XD!!!

Thanks ;3.

Hahahaha! Totally agree!!

Freeeza, I agree with KuroNyankoSen. Search for the anime on myanimelist.net and you should find some recommendations form users who liked the program and have seen other similar programs and if you want, join the site =)