Pasta Question?

Options
How do you measure your pasta? Do you put just 2 oz dry in a pot by it'sself to cook for yourself? I find this the biggest PITA of all!!! I have to use two pots....one for just me and one for the family.

Does anyone know how much 2 oz of pasta is cooked? Is it like a cup? 3/4 cup???

Thanks...
Colette

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The amount depends on the type of pasta. 2 oz of bowtie pasta takes up more space in a cup than, say, Spaghettio-type ring noodles. (Also looks like more on the plate, which makes it visually more satisfying.)

I typically just cook for my husband and myself, so I make up half a box and split it between us. He eats more than I do, so that leaves me with about 2 oz. Or cook boil a little on the side for yourself, until you get used to what a serving size looks like.
  • Jladd42
    Jladd42 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    typically 2oz of dry pasta is 1 cup cooked. of any type of pasta.
  • rooster70460
    rooster70460 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! Your the BEST!
  • has001
    has001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It is really annoying though that they don't put that on the box considering I don't know anyone who eats dry pasta lol!
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    You could cook 2 oz for yourself this time and weigh it out cooked.
    Then each time you eat just weigh that much and you have it.
    If you do, can you tell me weight of it in grams or ounces?
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I measure cooked pasta in grams rather than cups, so it's the same for any type of pasta. But the next problem is that it depends how you cook it. Al dente pasta would weigh less that the throw-it-on-the-wall-and-it's-ready-if-it-sticks spaghetti because it would not have absorbed as much water. I suppose that's why it's hard to find calories listed.

I use 160 calories per 100 g cooked pasta.