Breakfast Protein Suggestions?

VVEXVVEX
VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
I just found out I'm allergic to eggs and dairy. Yay! My two go-to protein sources are nixed. I can improvise at other meals, but breakfast is stumping me. I really need to get some protein in to start the day, or I'm hungry by 9:30. Peanut butter on toast ... smoothie ... what else?

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,296 Member
    chicken, pork, beef...whatever...
  • You could eat meat.
  • lpekny
    lpekny Posts: 63 Member
    I sometimes will have 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage patties for breakfast. They are very filling.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    A good protein powder shake is a good way to kick start the day...I personally use Gaspari products and the myofusion probiotics protein blend is amazing..not only has 6 different proteins and probiotics to improve your health it tastes great even with just water.

Aside from that, some fish, lean meats maybe turkey, chicken or something. Beans are also low cals and huge proteins
  • breakingxground
    breakingxground Posts: 14 Member
    What about deli turkey slices on a english muffin with dairy-free cheese?
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    I like to have a morning star vegetarian sausage patty with oatmeal made with some sort of fruit mixed in. One patty is 80 calories, 3 carbs, 3 g of fat and 10 g of protein.
  • cheesy_blasters
    cheesy_blasters Posts: 283 Member
    tofu scramble!! SO GOOD. I crumble it up (like a scrambled egg) and add lots of herbs (sometimes a dash of mustard too).
  • bacon--veggie or otherwise
    sausage--(same as above)
    quinoa "oats"
    protein shake
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Recently, I've been having organic unsweetened soymilk with my breakfast every day. A lot of protein :)
    Some nondairy breakfast examples are:

Steel cut oats with 1 tbsp organic peanut butter and a banana, along with 1 cup soymilk (17 grams of protein)
    2 slices of ezekiel bread with 1 tbsp dark chocolate dreams pb and 1 cup of soymilk (18 grams of protein)
    1 cup soy yogurt with 1 slice toasted ezekiel bread and 1 cup soymilk (21 grams of protein)
    1 cup tofu scramble with 1 slice toasted ezekiel bread and 1 cup soymilk (31 grams of protein)
    And my new favorite: seitan breakfast scramble (a whopping 30g of protein alone)

I guess a lot of my breakfast protein sources come from tofu scramble, soy yogurt, ezekiel bread, peanut butter, and steel cut oats.. mix and match and you can get a quick protein-filled breakfast!
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Wow, thank you! All good suggestions. I'm a little overwhelmed, a state in which it's hard to think; so THANK YOU for helping me see so many options. A trip to Whole Foods tonight also unearthed a quinoa "flake" hot breakfast cereal. I'm on my way.