Feeling Down On Myself!

Options
I am feeling really down today about the weight I have left to lose. I have lost about 45lb. since March 2011. I have about 30lb more till I get to my goal weight. 20lb till I am in my healthy range. I know I look better and I feel better. I am very dedicated and have really picked it up lately. I am just needing some motivation. I wanna be skinny NOW! lol. Anyone else ever go through phases where it feels like you have so far to go!?

Replies

• Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You've lost 45 lbs already! That is awesome!!!

I go through phases all the time. I am currently in a "it seems too hard" phase. It will pass. Keep doing what you're doing and one day you will realise you're at goal!! How amazing will that feel?!?!?!
  • LWeiler82
    LWeiler82 Posts: 40
    Options
    Absolutely! I had one of those "I'm-never-not-gonna-be-fat" freak out days just last week! Just remember, the feeling will pass and you will get back to being proud of your accomplishment! Congratulations on all the weight you have already lost, you are inspiring me :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    It just takes some time.....If your stalling then change it up. find something different to do to change it. You've got this and no need to quit you've worked to hard to stop now
  • Ironhead3td
    Ironhead3td Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I wish I had lost 45 lbs! That is great! Just keep up the good work and remember its about changing your life not just a number on a scale. Hang in there and fight for your health! Its what I've determined to do!
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    In 2001 I ran the NYC marathon and whenever anyone asks how I did it I tell them, "I put my running shoes on...every day...for 2 and 1/2 years. The rest was easy". We all have a long way to go, and we're all in it together. Keep on and know you're in good company.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Sure! I think everyone gets a little impatient at one time or another. And, a lot of times, thats when people get frustrated and start to lose motivation. Ask me how I know. ;)

Just remember,....you have come aways and are more than halfway. That's a terrific accomplishment. I want to be skinny now, too. I want to look dynamite in a bathing suit. I should have started this months ago, but I didnt. And, as a result, I have a longer way to go than you do.

I want to see you post when you hit your goal....deal?
  • timeforachange2011
    Options
    I still have a lot to lose. I have been feeling down lately too. I know the feeling of wanting to be skinny now. It's frustrating and what helps me most is sharing my frustration on here with friends and with my fiance. Just venting the frustration can sometimes make me feel better about it.
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am feeling really down today about the weight I have left to lose. I have lost about 45lb. since March 2011. I have about 30lb more till I get to my goal weight. 20lb till I am in my healthy range. I know I look better and I feel better. I am very dedicated and have really picked it up lately. I am just needing some motivation. I wanna be skinny NOW! lol. Anyone else ever go through phases where it feels like you have so far to go!?

I have lost over 100 lbs and need to lose the last 30 lbs and my body wont budge now. I have taken all sorts of advice, eat less, eat more, change calories, change workouts and I get down sometimes but I just pick myself up and push through it. I have come this far and darn it I will win this stupid battle! by the way we can friends if you like!
  • jennifermartinez1112
    Options
    you r doing great. so keep ur head up the goal weight will be here before u know it keep doing what u r doing
  • banksave
    banksave Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hmmm... lets see I ve lost 72 lbs ish since january 2009. It's been a slow and methodical process. So if I do the math... I have lost .46 lbs per week on average. Less than a half a pound a week... that over 1064 days of walking, eating right and exercising...

Now I'm kind of at a plateau... (did I spell that right)... my weight loss seems to be slowing... however, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...

41" waist to a tight fitting 32" waist... So my point is... its not just the weight... its how you look feel and perform... its how your close look and feel better than the week before....

so cheer up... keep your head up and keep doing those right things everyday. Most important... be patient!

You will get there :)
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! So glad I have MFP for encouragement!
  • iluv2laugh
    iluv2laugh Posts: 204
    Options
    just focus on the weight that you already lost and continue to lose more and keep the reasons why u wanna lose weight in mind and it's amazing that you lost that much weight! keep up the good work! :D