Vitamins

Options
What kind of vitamins do you take and do you like them?

I am looking for a multi vitamin because I just don't have the energy (no pun intended) to try to figure out what all the different kind of vitamins do and what I need.

I always feel like I am dragging so I really want to get back on track taking something. I usually take a CVS brand of adult chewable, but I never really felt any different taking them, so maybe this is a case where an offbrand isn't as good.

FYI, I need something chewable because I cannot swallow those huge horsepills, even cut in half, the jagged edge gets caught in my throat.

Replies

• dana33
    dana33 Posts: 1
    Options
    there are alot of food concentrates in powdered form that have a full range of vitamins and minerals in a form that is easier for the body to assimilate since they are derived from real food, not a synthetic vitamin. Some formulas include things like spirulina and herbs for ginger, some focus on greens while others focus on carotenoids and I have even seem some lately that have lots of berries, etc. for antioxidants. I have seen them at Fred Meyer but any good herb or whole foods store will carry a wide variety. Make sure to check the carbs and cals...some of the berrie ones can be in the 50 cal per serving range.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I take Centrum Forte- inexpensive and pretty complete.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Flintstones Chewables :tongue:

Love them
  • spiral82
    spiral82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know you want suggestions on multi-vitamins, but I think some people may find this chart interesting and helpful. The cool thing about it is that it is by age. =]

http://static.oprah.com/download/pdfs/health/oz/oz_young_vitamins_w_20-40.pdf
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I take a B-complex (Stress-plex) and a B-6 (helps metabolize proteins and fats)
    Emergen-C 100 mg
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I take a Womens One a Day and calcium chews. Sometimes I take Omega 3 but never remember all the time. My kids take the gummy vits only because they will not take the Flinestones anymore.
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin that I get through a place called puritan's pride - they are VERY competitive in price (they do buy one get one sales all the time) and they have a massive selection. I bet you could find chewable multi-vitamins on their website.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I forget my omega's too, because I keep them in the fridge.
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    Trader [Darwin] Joe's Adult chewable (1)
    Vitamin D3 - 2000 IU
    Barlean's Fish Oil - 4 caps (not sure the amount)

I may boost my Vitamin C supplementation with it being the onset of cold season with some C chewables.
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I buy the Vitimin C powder from GNC that is like 2000 mg which I add to my smoothies and other drinks for the extra boost of the immune system