broke my foot :/ need ideas♥

Options
Was wonderin if anybody had any exercising ideas i could do with a broken foot :) Ive lost 2 lbs in 3 days because of hopping if i weighed my self correctly this evening. But since i cant put my foot all the way down im not to sure if i did or not. But anybody know anything i could do with a broken foot. Could be sitting down on the floor or sitting in the chair. My coordination is really bad so standing up kinda isnt a option for the next few weeks :(

Thanks a bunch yal.

and i did NOT break my foot exercising, I fell walking and twisted my ankle all the way and broke the 5Th metatarsal ( i have a bad knee, ankle and have middle and inner ear problems)

Replies

• angeleyes799
    Options
    any ideas what so ever??
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It's tough, I broke my hips a few years ago and after a few months I started doing punches with weighted gloves, and would lie on my back and do leg lifts etc. But i worked with a physical therapist so i'd def suggest asking your doctor what kinds of things would be okay
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    abs lying on your back, pushups on your knees, Windsor pilates workout is mostly on the floor leg lifts and stuff, work your upper body while sitting
  • CheezPuff89
    CheezPuff89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do you have any dumbbells? You could still lift weights, tone your arms, shoulders and upper back. I do bent-over rows, reverse flys, chest press, tricep extensions and bicep curls with dumbbells, all can be performed laying down or sitting. Any movement, even sitting/laying down, will count. Not sure what kind of cast you've been fitted with, but if its a walking/removeable cast, maybe swimming?
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Boxing while sitting (even Jillian Michaels says it's a great workout if you have a lower body injury), lift weights (while sitting if you have to), if you are able to without hurting do some crunches. Good luck! :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Lie on your back with a couple water bottles arms outstretched and bring the water bottle up to meet each other and then lower. Do 10 reps, break, then repeat.
  • cindyp06
    cindyp06 Posts: 1
    Options
    You could work on strength training, especially your upper body. Do some stretches like you used to do in PE class. Sit on the floor with your legs in a V shape and stretch forward. Lay flat on your back and stretch your arms as far above your head as possible while stretching your legs the other direction. Depending on your cast, maybe you could do some push ups while resting on your knees.

Don't less this set back discourage you. Talk to your doctor, He or she can give you some ideas. Good luck
  • CheezPuff89
    CheezPuff89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I found this link to seated exercises I had bookmarked: http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blobeseexercise.htm
  • angeleyes799
    Options
    Thankyal so much for yals feed back :)