what an adventure

Options
just wanted to say hi.
let me start by stating how this adventure started. i was at my doctors office in early april and jumped on the scale. i about hit the floor. i weighed 255 and my first thought was, i'm gonna weigh 300 in a heart beat. i decided to do something instantly. first, i changed my eating patterns. i use to not eat breakfast then have a 4 course lunch and not eat dinner. i started eating a light breakfast light lunch and dinner. i found this website and started keeping track of my calories and stuff. within a week i started looking at diet programs and thought i can't do this, i'll never enjoy eating that food. so i looked into a gym. i decided the gym route was for me and i would just eat a lot more sensibly. well i've never worked out so i stumbled around the gym for a week, riding the bike for 15 minutes and doing as many crunches as i could do, that was my workout, i had no idea what to do to lose weight. i decided i would get a personal trainer and signed up for 14 sessions. she is kicking my butt. we're doing workouts that i think were discovered during the spanish inquisition. i've lost 19 pounds so far and have 50 more to go. i'll be happy with 10 pounds a month. the weight loss is starting to slow, but i had no muscle tone before and i'm starting to get some definition so i realize i'm still losing the fat but replacing it with muscle. i'm really enjoying the gym, i never thought i would say that.
i'm really glad i found this site
good luck everybody

Replies

• Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! You are right it is a great adventure. You did good getting a trainer I'm sure you will be reaping the benefits from that decision. Good luck tweaking your lifestyle and have fun with your adventure!

-V-
  • Mary831331
    Mary831331 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes this site is awesome!!! Everyone on here is so supportive and motivating. Best of luck to you. You can do it!!!