C25k

Options
Anyone doing the c25k? If so how is it coming along? I'm enjoying it although week three is hard.

Replies

• tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I really like c25k. I had started but stopped but I am going to start it back up. I really like the podcasts!! Great job!!!
  • kimber_av
    kimber_av Posts: 98
    Options
    Today was my first day of week three! and it was a tad bit difficult haha. but I havent run in 5 years and it was hot this morning. Blech.
    I'm excited to continue with it though! :)
  • frazzle29
    frazzle29 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 tonight as well. A little nervous!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I did week 3 day 1 yesterday! the 3 minute run was difficult but after completing it, I felt so empowered. I am loving it!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm heading into week 5.. I got further on a treadmill but switched to running outside and hade to drop back a few weeks. Loving it!
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Is you search the groups section there is an entire section on C25K. I will do W3D1 tomorrow. So far its been easy for me. See what I say tomorrow. :)
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    I started and stopped the C25K a few times. This last time I have stuck with it and I just finished week 5 on Saturday. I have never in my life been a runner and I was beyond proud of myself when I did day 3 of week 5 which was jog for 20 minutes straight. I will be starting week 6 tomorrow.
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time staying on track... I usually dont make it past week 2... =-( But I am always trying!! =-)
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Starting week 3 this week. Why did you find it hard?
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    I completed W1D2 tonight. It was tough but I'm proud of myself for finishing. I've never been a runner so it's been quite challenging.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I did it last fall. I am now training for my first marathon! I couldnt even do week 1 without think I was going to die. It is a great program and all of you can do it!! :) Good Luck!! :)
  • nazashi
    nazashi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in week 1, surprised that I'm able to complete it.. i was never a runner lol!
    how do you guys log it? i log it as 8 min slow jogs/ 12 min brisk walk.
    good luck all!!
  • johnny_66
    johnny_66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 day 1, today was my off day and I walked 5 miles to my friends farm (I jogged a bit also). Walked 3 more hours behind the transplanter filling in the gaps when the girls missed a plant or two.
    I'm really enjoying running again, it's been 25 years for me. Lot of great info on the C25K group sites here and on the web.
  • brun73
    brun73 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just completed W6D2 today, it was a little bit harder than I thought it would be, because I didn't eat as much as I should've today, but I still had some of my best intervals so far.
  • adampk17
    adampk17 Posts: 15
    Options
    I tried to start the C25K last summer but couldn't complete it due to pain in my lower legs when I ran. Many doctor visits and tests later I was diagnosed with exertional compartment syndrome and had surgery for it in January of this year.

I picked the C25K back up in March and finished it on May 25th! It was a great feeling to stick with it and finish it. I've never been a runner really, unless you count a year of track in junior high. But that was many, many moons and 100+ pounds ago.

I found week 2 and week 4 the hardest, particularly when it jumped up to 5 and 6 minutes of continuous running.

Tip #1. Run outside if at all possible. I didn't like it at first because I was embarrassed. But as you get used to running outside it makes the time go by much, much easier than it does on on treadmill where all I had to watch was the clock.

Tip #2. Find someone to run with. This makes the time go by even faster :)

Keep it up everyone. I run my 5K this Saturday. Wish me luck!