25, Stress Eater, Wants to Lose 30lbs this year

Options
I just started today. I thought I was 178 then went to the gym and used a fancier scale to find I am 180. I feel bummed about it. I am 5'8' and hung out around 165 for a long time. I want to get down to 150! I am getting into running as well. Doing a 10k on July 4th. I have a stressful job and sometimes need talking down from downing a handful of cheese.

I would love someone else to be accountability buddies with!

xo
C

Replies

• Anola13
    Anola13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cheese can be a problem for me too...it's so good!! You really seem to have your goals set and that's awesome. A little cheese hear and there won't do you wrong as long as you're not over doing it and staying within your calorie count. i just started myself and watching that calorie count has been eye opening! I would love to be "friends" and hope motivate each other!!
  • Laaboshe
    Laaboshe Posts: 5
    Options
    As soon as I figure out how to post a picture I will do so. I was at TJ's today and just looking at the calorie count of some of the cheese gave me the shivers. How hard we have to work out to burn that one slice of l00 calorie cheese off!! Bought some of those dr. Preuger's veggie burges, I'll let you guys know what I think. lana
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Omg! We are the same!!! It sounds dumb but I really thought I was the only one out there. I'm 5'7" 26 weight 181 and I wanted to lose 30 lbs by the end of the summer. It's going to be a challenge for sure. But we can do this! Friend me, I know I need the support. I hope you feel the same!
  • lputman71
    lputman71 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am new to the site as well, and am also a stress eater being from the South I love bread, potatoes, sweets, and also cheese. I would like to lose 15 pounds I've kinda stalled out at my current weight, it's funny because I'm currently enrolled in online fitness and nutrition classes. I would also love to have the support and motivation, and give support and motivation to move all of us toward our goals. Let's get 'er done!!!
  • Laaboshe
    Laaboshe Posts: 5
    Options
    Oh I didn't even introduce myself. Hi my name is Lana, I'm a 58 years young lady who kept my weight in control until I was in my late 30's..then I sort of did a down hill spiral with health issues which of course leads to eating etc., etc., as of January this year I have attempted a change of eating and exercising, it is slow but makes me much more mindful of everything I put in my body. I want to be one of those 75 year old women running in a 5K someday! I did my first 5K in march and it was great...since then I have had to curtail running and do other things but I plan on getting back into it. My doctor recommended I come here so thanks for listening!Lana
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Welcome! We're all working on our goals and we'll motivate and get you there! :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me!
  • Crumleygirl
    Crumleygirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and have similar problems. I stress eat like crazy. I had to resist it today. I took a nap. Just do something to get your mind off your problems and ask yourself if you're really hungry. You can totally do it. I'm half way through losing 27 pounds so you can add me if you want to
  • xfalnainjelx
    xfalnainjelx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello =D

I must say, reading your post was like reading my mind - we are two peas in a pod! I went to the gym today and thought I’d weigh in around 160 …and yeah, little did I know, I clocked in around 180! I am with you about wanting to shake the weight and get under 150!!! ….. I couldn’t agree more with you on the stress eating habits….it seems that anytime I get stressed out or down - I turn to food and it immediately calms me and makes me happy ....and then suddenly about 20 mins after I go into the pist off angry phase that I allowed myself to pig out. Oh yeah, it also doesn’t help that my boyfriend of 5 years is a twig and loves nothing more than carry outs every night of the week ......ugh!!

Either way, I would love to become buddies with you as we give each other daily encouragement to keep up the hard work!

No worries, I know we’ll both get to our goal weight --> Myfitnesspal is our first step! =)
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bummed! When I started back in February, I was at my highest weight ever, 175lbs and I have lost almost 20lbs so far and have been able to keep it off. The best part is that not only have I lost weight, but I know how to keep it off now. I have changed my whole life. If you would like to be friends I will help keep you motivated and support you. I have found that having friends on here makes all the difference in the world. :)
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    best pieces of advice;

take measurements. you are going to have weeks, yes i said WEEKS, where the scale doesn't move, so measurements will give u another look at whats going on.

slow and steady! you didn't gain all that weight , don't expect to lose it overnight!

it's ok to eat the naughty stuff! i find if i deprive myself of stuff i love, i'll end up binging, and seriously who wants to be miserable cause you "cant" have that glass of wine? ;)

good luck!
  • UhOhItsKylie
    UhOhItsKylie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!

I'm 24, and although I have about 5-7 more lbs to lose and toning to do - I totally feel you on the stress eating and it's something I struggle with somtimes. I am pretty huge on not depriving myself of anything (in moderation and logging all calories, of couse) and have seen some pretty huge changes in my stress eating because of it. I'm also an "eat more to weigh less" girl - I'm 132 lbs, eat 1800 calories a day, and am still losing weight and inches. So yeah, this journey is totally doable - you've got this! :)

Feel free to add me for support - I love having friends to cheer on!
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Ooo, stress eating! So hard when I'm at work. You can totally do it. Everything in moderation. I'm welcome to any friends who'd like to add, I'd love getting some feedback and motivation :)

I was well over 200 lbs (I think, I'm sure I was) and now I'm at 175. Working at it every day!