I had a heart attack this weekend...please, please read.

It was not due to cholesterol or plaque, that was all normal. It was because something broke loose and got into the circumflex artery and platelets started sticking, causing a block. One cardioligist believes it was because of strenuous exercise. There is no way to tell for sure, but I just started my 3rd month abd am sending Chalean back. I can't take any chances. I can walk as much as I want after I heal. I just want to let others know that if you EVER have chest pains, PLEASE TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. I started having chest pains Saturday morning and went to the er. It wasn't until this morning that they were 100% sure it was a heart attak. Innow have a stack of medicine that I will be on for a longtime.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,309 Member
    Wow. Glad you're still with us :flowerforyou:
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Wow. Glad that you are ok!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Thanks for this message. Many of us (me?) should probably check in with our doctors as we get healthy/fit.
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Thanks for the advice and sorry you had to go through this. Take care of yourself.
  • MicaelaFW
    MicaelaFW Posts: 63
    thanks for the heads up.... really scary, but glad you are ok!
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Wow! Thanks for sharing! Glad your okay!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Glad you went to the doctor right away and that you will be ok - great reminder that pushing too hard and ignoring the signals our bodies send is not a good thing - I've seen so many posts from people who think that exercising til they puke or get dizzy and almost pass out is a badge of honor. Take care!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    glad you are ok!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    That is scary. Did the doc say anything could have prevented it?
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Glad you are ok!!!
  • Glad you are OK.
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Thanks for sharing. Take care
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    wow...glad you're ok!!!!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    VERY sorry to hear dude! No matter what you do it hsows god and nature take over. Good luck to you and please keep me posted. I wish you the best and will pray for you.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    So happy you're going to be okay. Thank you for sharing.
  • stebben
    stebben Posts: 35 Member
    Hope you get better soon!! Thanks for letting us all know what the cardiologist said. I think we all push ourselves a bit too much and we need to learn to recognize the signals. For women jaw pain is a big one that most ignore. Take care and you will be up and about sooner than later.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Oh my hope you have a speedy recovery.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Thank you for sharing this with us. Please take good care of yourself and I hope you are doing okay.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 885 Member
    That had to be so scary. Glad you were smart and went to the ER, may don't, especially women. Thank you for sharing this story with us and may the powers that be watch over you and make you strong.
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    I hope you get well very soon. Thanks for the advice.