Guilt

Options
I haven't weighed in in a couple weeks. I am going to tomorrow morning. I think that I may have gained a pound or two, because when I was on vacation I ate out everyday and binged a little. I know this sounds melodramatic, but I can't help feeling kind of guilty and frustrated. I've only lost 11 pounds so far and I probably gained 1.5 lbs of hard work!! I know I can probably lose it in a week, but I can't help feeling this way. Just needed to vent!!

Replies

• kristenlees122
    Options
    dont stress, we all do it and feel this way. just make smarter choices now that you are off vacay, and the lbs will come back off :)
  • livehappe
    livehappe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It is frustrating to play that game- two steps forward and one back.... or sometimes I get so out of control and do 1 step forward and 2 back. I was down to 147lbs in December, my lowest weight in awhile. Over the winter, I worked out, but just kept eating and then started cutting back on the workouts. Well... I was 163 by April again... it took me a year to get to 147. Coming back to mfp, head down, ashamed, I saw my weight loss success metre read "45" and then that became "29".... totally a setback. It makes me angry because I would have lost 15 lbs and I would have been done had I not gave into binges. And, that's why I asked for help from a nutritionist. It's not fair to yourself to say "we all do it"- you owe it to yourself and all your hard work not to binge.... so cheers to that this month!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I think this is a good thing. It is going to happen so many times in your life that you will get used to both - watching yourself on vacation - and being an expert at cleaning it back up when you get home!

I PROMISE!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself. You'd forgive other people for doing that same thing and you'd do it in a heartbeat so forgive yourself.

:flowerforyou:
  • Senbou
    Senbou Posts: 9
    Options
    Everyone's entitled to a binge.. honestly holidays are probably everyone's bane. As long as you are not giving up nothing wrong with splurging for a brief period.. my brother diets 6 days a week and then gives himself a cheat day to eat whatever he wants
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Bottom line is that your back! You can't change the past. You learn from it and move on!
  • mangosabayon
    Options
    You're not alone! Just remember, you loss is still greater than it was before you started on here. 9-10lbs or whatever that scale tells you is more than 0 :smile: