Looking for Others like me

Options
Hi all, I have been looking for a post that involves people doing Reduced calorie diets. I have found Low Carb but my medical issues prevent me from doing that type of diet and have more success reducing calories. Anyone out there who can help?

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I think the majority of people on the site are doing reduced calories - based at least in part on the recommendations that this site makes.

If you go to your 'home' tab and click on 'goals' it will set you up with reduced calorie recommendations - then you can use the Food Diary to not only track calories but to track macro-nutrients (Carbs, Fats, Protein)

Is that what you're asking?
  • resqgal
    resqgal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am doing low calorie as well. Right now I'm using a lot of slim-fast and other meal replacement bars as a way to control my portions. I've only been at it for a week. Good luck
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    my parents did low carb for awhile and lost a ton of weight but as soon as they stopped they gained it all back plus some. Calorie counting is the way to go!

I normally try to reduce my calories for lunch by eating yogurt and crackers or a piece of fruit and a turkey sandwich with low cal bread. that way I have more calories for dinner when I'm more likely to go out or have dinner with my boyfriend's parents.

I eat about 500 calories for breakfast and lunch combined and try to save 750 for dinner, just incase. Sometimes I go over by a few hundred but I don't stress, I think it's good for my metabolism.

Good Luck and if you ever have any questions everyone here is super! :wink:
  • SlimSasha
    SlimSasha Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Have you heard about Hungry Girl...I have the hungry girl book...200 under 200..there are so many yummy and easy things to try for under 200 calories...if you dont want to get the book you can go to the website and check out all of great low cal recipies and tips..and sign up for a free daily email...Hungry girl really helps me eat some lower calorie foods that taste like some high cal favse..i hoped this helped a little=)
  • jvannoy
    Options
    I've lost about 20 lbs in 3 months by setting my calorie goal at 1200 per day, measuring EVERYTHING I eat (at least for the first 2 months) and recording EVERYTHING I eat on MFP. Also added 30 minutes of exercise daily at least 5 times a week. MFP has made the difference for me!
    249840.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans