Hello

Options
Hey all,

My name is Kayla, I'm 25 and live in Kansas. I've been to MFP before but I just wasn't as determined to lose weight as I am now. Something in my brain just triggered and I finally decided enough is enough. I need to get in shape and make healthier choices. I've been heavy most of my life which is just sad. There should be no reason for my curves to have curves. LOL. My over all goal is to get to 150 lbs. But for now I want to lose at least 20 lbs by the end of Aug. I know it will be hard but I know I can do it.

Replies

• twinmom2006
    Options
    You can do it!!!!! If you need anything, just reach out! We're all here o support you with your goals! Feel free to add me....xoxo
  • iluv2laugh
    iluv2laugh Posts: 204
    Options
    hi :P
  • Grissay
    Grissay Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi Kayla! Yes you can do this!!!
  • kaylovluvz
    kaylovluvz Posts: 32
    Options
    Thanks all! It will be a tough road but I'm def. ready for this new path on my life's journey!
  • iluv2laugh
    iluv2laugh Posts: 204
    Options
    Thanks all! It will be a tough road but I'm def. ready for this new path on my life's journey!
    that's the spirit!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...you can do it. 20 pounds by Aug can happen for sure!! Good luck!
  • kaylovluvz
    kaylovluvz Posts: 32
    Options
    Oh yes...you can do it. 20 pounds by Aug can happen for sure!! Good luck!

I set a low goal so I would feel accomplished when it happens. LOL
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi Kayla, welcome (back) to MFP. If you are serious about your new lifestyle choice you should see results rather quickly. I lost my first 25 lbs just by exercising more and controlling my food portions. The trick is to not get frustrated and quit when you hit the first plateau. Get out, walk, hike, get a Kinect and do the Dance Central, join Zumba, jump rope (seriously, it's terrific) anything to get the heart rate up.

Control your calories and keep consistent and you WILL succeed.

But just to make sure, log in every day and make lots of fun supportive friends. Then you are guaranteed a great shot of winning this one.

Good luck!

-V-
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I must say I am super nice and supportive :smile:
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi Kayla~ You definitely can do this!! Feel free to add me as a friend for support!
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome back to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. I've been using this site since February and I've lost almost 20lbs and know how to keep it off for good. I've found the best group of supportive friends and they have made all the difference. :)
  • bigaussiebloke
    bigaussiebloke Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    G'day mate!