Apple Cider Vinegar... HOW DO I TAKE IT!?!?!

Options
I've been really interested in taking Apple Cider Vinegar... not because of weight loss really... more for the reason that it seems to help you in a million ways, and sounds like a healthy additive to your daily life. I would love to try it! Only problem is I don't know HOW to take it!?
A tablespoon a day? mix with drinks? 1/2 cup a day? WHAT? I've tried googling it, but I got a bunch of unrelated crap.... I don't need to know how it helps... I just need to know HOW to take it LOL...
Thanks for any info!!! :)

Replies

• lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I only take it if I feel like I had too much sodium. Gosh, it makes me "pee". I put a teaspoon of honey, and a tablespoon of ACV in warm water. I drink it quickly with a straw. It can be damaging to the enamel of your teeth. I think some people put it on their salads etc.
  • aough
    aough Posts: 1
    Options
    Have you felt any benefits? Recently I have been plagued with UTIs, and I have heard it can help. Possibly the frequent 'peeing' effect you mentioned...
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    what ever you do.. don't snort it.. trust me..

;)
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I take it in a quick shot, I like the taste. I heard you can mix it in a glass of water, but be careful, it can erode your enamel if you do it for a long period of time. I haven't taken it in a week, but I should start again, it really helps my digestion. I don't know how, but it does.
  • VanessaMFaulkner
    Options
    Well you can take it as a shot (blek), but I get the ACV pills & gets them that way. My joints don't feel so swollen when I use it, also helps with gout, acv in a bath with epsom salt is a great way to ease joint pain. Acv is one of those super foods it does sooooo much.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    dilute 30 oz of water with a couple of tablespoons of organic raw ACV. Bragg's is great. They also make flavored ACV drinks. The grape & acv honey ones are particularly pleasant.
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Have you felt any benefits? Recently I have been plagued with UTIs, and I have heard it can help. Possibly the frequent 'peeing' effect you mentioned...
    Try http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/
  • ericachristie85
    ericachristie85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I buy Braggs and although I like the taste I have heard it have burn your esophagus, so I dilute it in water and drink it once a day. People suggest drinking it diluted throughout the day, but I cannot get over the effects on my teeth. So I do it all at once. It cures acid reflux and really does make me feel great. I have been told the benefits are because it alkalines the blood.
  • monkeybrain2012
    Options
    Make sure it's organic raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar. I make my salad dressing with it. Also after a really intense workout or a super long hike on a hot day when I've been sweating a lot - I like to mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar a cup of sparkling mineral water and a pinch of sea salt. I feel like it brings me right back to life.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My Grandma use to do this all the time and yes it is very good for you, hot tea with honey, or honey and hot water I use to have a book on all the ways you could take it. But this is the way I like it best there is also a home made version of cough syrup that is made with it as well
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    what ever you do.. don't snort it.. trust me..

;)

You made me laugh out loud!! Yes - so hard vinegar came out of my nose!
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    I put it in a bowl of turkey chili ;)
  • butterflymarks
    butterflymarks Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My doctor said to make a Natural ACV Tonic made from 2 or 3 teaspoons (10-15 ml) in an 8 ounce glass of water, because of my heartburn and to take it before meals or whenever heartburn is experienced.

So yep :)
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    I have it in water - a LOT!
    Just put some in water and drink it. I love the taste - some people don't.

It really helps with my appetite contro/ sugar cravings!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I take mine in a pill form...You can get it at GNC and probably health food stores...To me it is much better than drinking it b/c of it hurting your teeth, burning your throat and of course the taste...Good luck to you!! :)
  • anamikaraks
    anamikaraks Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Drink it straight. It takes less time and the aftertaste goes away fairly quickly.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    my sister swears by it...she drinks a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a tsp of honey in a full 8-10oz glass of water every day.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I put it in a bowl of turkey chili ;)

I put it in chili too. I like to use it in marinades and in my salad dressing. Not sure of the benefits, but it tastes good. I use the unfiltered kind. I think it's eden brand or something.
  • zen_mama
    zen_mama Posts: 51
    Options
    My mom drinks it every day- about a tbsp in a 16oz glass of water at least 3 times a day. She has drank this mixture for years to help with her arthritis. She also took a bottle with her last time she went to Mexico and drank a little every day of her trip. She was the only one in a group of 5 who did not come home with Montazuma's revenge! LOL. I have drank it occasionally over the years to relieve hiccups and indigestion. Even used to pour it over buckets of grain for our horses as it helps with intestinal parasites and seemed to keep them from chewing the fence boards.
  • EvieNieves
    EvieNieves Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you can use it in a avocado/tomato salad! I chop 1 avocado and 1 tomato and onions to taste (cilantro can be added too). Some salt to taste and only a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar just mix it all together in a bowl and done. It serves 2 people. Very good!