1000 calorie burn day

Options
Today, I had a 1000 calorie burn day. I had two walks today (with my boyfriend)--one for 55 minutes and the second one for 30 minutes (not long after dinner). I also went to spin class today where I burned about 670 calories.

I would like to have a day like this once a week. My calorie intake goal is between 1700 and 2000 calories a day.

Does anybody know if this is a good idea?

Replies

• 4leggedmom
    4leggedmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It definitely won't hurt you. Maybe just eat half of those calories back when you are having one of these days.

I play 2 hours of intense tennis and burn over 1000 calories. I will eat a little more.
  • mangosabayon
    Options
    When I was a runner, I had long run days..... like 8-12 miles 2-4 times a month. Other days I had short runs or 1 hour bike. I wasn't on a diet, I was healthy weight, but I did eat more on long run days. Especially protein, I ate a lot of fruit and cottage cheese. Sounds like you're doing great!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Figure out what your BMR is and don't net any less than that. So if you would normally eat 1800 calories in a day, and your BMR is 1500, and you burn 1000 in exercise, you should eat 2500 calories that day... or 800 of what you burned. You should net your BMR. Just my opinion.
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    Thank you! I will start including a 1000 calorie burn day a week.

I will definitely get my BMR figured out. @mangosabayon, thank you!