probably a weird question....

Options
I've noticed that I sweat A LOT more now when working out as opposed to when I first started. Why is this?
I always had the mentality that someone who is bigger/not in physical shape sweats a lot more as opposed to someone who is physically fit.... but i'm finding I sweat a hell of a lot more NOW then when I first started working out. I just wanna know why? :ohwell:

Replies

• missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You are more fit so you dont realize that you are putting more effort and energy into the workout than you used to, thus causing you to sweat more. You move more swiftly and probably faster then you did before too.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I sweat like a hostage now... when I go boxing, before ten minutes are up, I'm drenched and the sweat is dripping off my brow as I'm working through the pushups. It's nasty! I never knew why, but I figure since I'm in the best shape I've ever been in, why complain? lol
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    haha, i'm not complaining, i actually LOVE it, was just curious as to why :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i notice that i sweat much quicker during my warm ups now even though i'm much fitter. i think it's because my body realizes that it's that time of the day again where physical exertion is about to happen so it immediately turns on the AC
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    haha, i'm not complaining, i actually LOVE it, was just curious as to why :)

weirdly enough, i do too!!! (Especially on men! lol)

Before, it used to gross me out.. now... bring it on!! haha
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    There is less of you now :wink:
    and the same amount of sweat!

:bigsmile:
  • Lisseth03
    Options

weirdly enough, i do too!!! (Especially on men! lol)

Before, it used to gross me out.. now... bring it on!! haha

yep same exact boat! especially about the men part, haha
  • bgator1985
    bgator1985 Posts: 16
    Options
    I could agree with both of the comments, and would tend to agree that maybe you sweat relatively the same, but shows up more on a smaller frame, or that you would also sweat more due to a larger outpit since you are in better shape. And Guys don't mind the sweat on a woman at all either!! I'd rather see a woman covered in sweat at the gym just like I am, rather than the person who just goes in, uses a couple machines, and runs out the door before a drop of sweat falls on her! I like to know somebody is putting in just as much energy!!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I could agree with both of the comments, and would tend to agree that maybe you sweat relatively the same, but shows up more on a smaller frame, or that you would also sweat more due to a larger outpit since you are in better shape. And Guys don't mind the sweat on a woman at all either!! I'd rather see a woman covered in sweat at the gym just like I am, rather than the person who just goes in, uses a couple machines, and runs out the door before a drop of sweat falls on her! I like to know somebody is putting in just as much energy!!

lmao!! Well then, have I got a treat for you!!! hahaha!
  • bgator1985
    Options
    bwahahahaha!!!! I actually box and wrestle to (or at least that's what the class says, I think I just get beat up for an hour at a time!) and at the end of the classes I am DRENCHED!!!! If I stay for more than one class at a time or go to my other gym after I have to change shirts.
  • Lisseth03
    Options
    daaamn, I should start working out at a gym...hahah
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I read an article that said that, the more you are in good shape, the more you sweat. The reason the article gave is that, when your body is used to having to exude huge amounts of sweat at once, it starts doing so sooner in your exercise and it does so even when you are not particularly exerting yourself (say, walking up a flight of stairs).
  • Lisseth03
    Options
    I read an article that said that, the more you are in good shape, the more you sweat. The reason the article gave is that, when your body is used to having to exude huge amounts of sweat at once, it starts doing so sooner in your exercise and it does so even when you are not particularly exerting yourself (say, walking up a flight of stairs).

THANK YOU!
    that actually makes sense.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Semi off topic, someone said on here that sweating is gross but I LOVE the feeling of sweating hard during a work out. I just don't feel like I am working as hard unless I am pouring sweat!

And to the OP, I agree with a few other comments, you probably are working a lot harder now that you are in better shape :) Sweat is a good thing anyway!
  • elizabethmae1214
    Options
    I sweat like it's my job. I love it. It's getting worse (BETTER) the more consistently I train. I love the way it feels and looks. Just the other day after a run I was thinking "Damn, this is hot, why is no one around to see me lookin so hot n sweaty!" LOL Keep it up!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    bwahahahaha!!!! I actually box and wrestle to (or at least that's what the class says, I think I just get beat up for an hour at a time!) and at the end of the classes I am DRENCHED!!!! If I stay for more than one class at a time or go to my other gym after I have to change shirts.

lmao!!

When I started boxing, I used to use my shirt to dry off after my shower... now it's too wet! (ICK!) *beaming with pride*
  • bgator1985
    Options

lmao!!

When I started boxing, I used to use my shirt to dry off after my shower... now it's too wet! (ICK!) *beaming with pride*

worst part EVER is leaving your old shirt in the car or trunk while you have to take care of a couple things, or forgetting you left it in there. that's when it stops being fun!!!! still worth it though!
  • bgator1985
    Options
    I sweat like it's my job. I love it. It's getting worse (BETTER) the more consistently I train. I love the way it feels and looks. Just the other day after a run I was thinking "Damn, this is hot, why is no one around to see me lookin so hot n sweaty!" LOL Keep it up!

When I do long distance runs, especially with my shirt off (because I need to tan BADLY) I think the same things afterwards sometimes!! Why is nobody here to praise me and my glow!!!!!
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Faster metabolism, most likely. Metabolism determines core temperature, core temperature determines how much you sweat.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

When I do long distance runs, especially with my shirt off (because I need to tan BADLY) I think the same things afterwards sometimes!! Why is nobody here to praise me and my glow!!!!!

Ahhh, girl look at that body... I I I I I I work out!