Newbie from AZ

Options
HI all! I am Jessie- New to MyFitnessPal in the last couple of weeks and just now browsing around the forums to see what other support and resources are on here besides the stuff on my own profile.

I have over 125 pounds to lose...I am a 33 year old wife and mom of pre -teens. I was a varsity athlete in high school but once I went to college I was pretty much sedentary (yay for the internet!!) I have truly never put any effort into losing weight or getting fit or really changing my eating habits before now.

Why now? Many reasons but for me there is a definite faith component and gratitude to God for other healing changes He has made in my life through the Celebrate Recovery program--and I am ready to tackle my food/health issues now as well.

Thanks!! See you on the boards!

Jess:smile:

Replies

• j2tyco
    j2tyco Posts: 42
    Options
    desperate here--- I really needed the support. Hoping I just happened to post at a quiet "slow" time and my intro was lost. I know I am coming off as really needy with this follow up post but- man it was a real bummer to not have even 1 person say hi- I took a real shot to the already trashed self esteem. Thanks for listening
  • kaylovluvz
    kaylovluvz Posts: 32
    Options
    Hello Jessie,

I am new as well. And I have over 100 lbs to lose myself. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. What part of AZ are your from I'm originally from Sierra Vista!
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm originally from AZ too. This is a great site to help you with your goals. Dont worry about making a lot of friends immediately. You will in time. Just focus on getting healthy and holding yourself accountible.
  • AngelofMusic13
    AngelofMusic13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm in Arizona too. So, trust me when I say I know how hard it is to do anything outside! Right now, most of my exercising is indoors (hiking being the exception). Good luck on your journey to becoming healthier!
  • MzChrys
    MzChrys Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Greetings, Jessie! I am a newbie from Arizona as well! I just joined on June 1st and so far so good. By tracking what I am eating I see where I need to make changes to my diet to make it more balanced. Also, I am tracking the emotions that accompany what I am eating and at what time. It's interesting that you mentioned your celebrate recovery program as I realized that food had replaced my drug of choice. But today is a new day...the way ahead is forward! I look forward to your posts and the mutual encouragement!
  • 1115Karen
    1115Karen Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Jesse,

I just wanted you to know that when you post there are probably hundreds of us out here, if not more, who have read what you wrote, empathize, and have tremendous compassion for your struggle! Take a deep breath and look inward and continually praise yourself and realize your value. If people don't write it's only because we're all so busy. Just know you're not alone!

The best of luck to you - keep it up Ms. Jesse!!

Karen
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi Jesse,
    I totally get it! It seems impossible to do this without support, and its nice to find friends who all share a common goal! I have 50 lbs to lose, and I'm determined to do it right!
    Feel free to friend me! I'm a newbie too!
  • Nangel07
    Nangel07 Posts: 9
    Options
    I added you.... I use to live in AZ and went to High School there.

I agree... we could all benefit from getting more support. I look forward to starting and ending this journey with you.
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to everyone, feel free to add me if you wish :-)
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hey girl. I know how you feel..I also posted a post on here and not one hello. :/ I'm sure there are reasons. Even though people may not post, they may be lurking and still read. Anywho, welcome to mfp. Good to see you here. I am like you ..always was skinny until the last 6 years or so. I have thyroid issues which have not helped one bit as it makes it easy for me to gain and harder to lose. I also have 2 teenagers and a 9 year old. I'm going to add you as a friend and hopefully we can help each other along the way. :)
  • j2tyco
    j2tyco Posts: 42
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies. I appreciate it tons and have added all of you that sent invites (I am still learning the system so bare with me some)

I look fwd to taking this journey with you all!

Jess