The Baby Weight

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Jocelyn, I live in Ridgewood,NY. I had a baby girl 7months ago today and I haven't lost the baby weight yet. I just got off the depo shot on the 28th of May bc I noticed the weight gain and I was watching what I ate. Hopefully now I will lose the weight. I just got a membership for Planet Fitness. I plan to go at least 4 times a week. I want to get back to how I use to be (active and confidence). I have a lot of support, which is surprising to me. Many people keep sayin that I just had a bbby and that it is goin to go away but I beg to differ. I am tying to stay positive but it is a little hard when you don't like the way you look.
I am open to any advice, reciepes, and exercises if you care to share. Wish me luck!:smile:

Replies

• amallia921
    amallia921 Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. With my first daughter it took me almost 2 years to lose all of her baby weight. Now I am trying to lose the weight from my second little girl. Who is about to be 1 next month. So, if you want you can add me and we can go through this together.
  • momo2011Tuck
    momo2011Tuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We are/were in the same position! I started here a couple months ago when my 9mo old son was about 7mos old. I have lost 21lbs finally :) You can do this!! I am four lbs away from my pre pregnancy, but id love to go way beyond that of course! Good Luck!!!
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 21 months and Im 6lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight! it has taken me forever to lose it lol ive noticed im alot more wobbly now than I was at this weight before so toning exercises and weights are definitely important in getting the pre baby body back. feel free to add me :)

14580293.png
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I swear I literally lost the last pound from my son when I got pregnant with my daughter. She's 8 now, so I'll let you know when I finish losing the "baby" weight. :laugh:
  • staceyy2012
    Options
    hi there. This is my first post on fitnesspal as ive heard such great things about it. I too am kinda in the same situation as you exept my little man will be 5 months on the 11th. It took me almost 2 years to lose the weight from my daughter then i got pregnant with my son. Right now i am 10 lbs shy of my prepreg weight but i wouldlike to go lower as my prepreg is still considered on the high end. I hope we can be friends and we can go through this together!
  • SHORTYSF
    SHORTYSF Posts: 9
    Options
    Almost 14 years and I STILL have the "baby weight" tee hee :)
  • LoveGlamorously
    Options
    42kgirl I will lol.
    Stacy tht sounds like a plan
  • daenadae
    daenadae Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I too have a 7mo old girl! It does get sad when people say it's just weight from the baby because that means they're agreeing with you that you have extra weight! That's what really motivated me! Now that my baby is older it's easier to go out and exercise!
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I have had three babies and with each, i gained 65lbs with each one! I am 5'8" and started each pregnancy at about 130lbs. i was able to lose the weight with each baby but each time was different. the fasted i lost was 2 minths, the longest, 8 months. my best advice is you need to change up your eating habits. its a big change from pregnancy to after the baby, and my hardest hurdle was stopping eating like i was pregnant.

watch out breastfeeding too. while you need ~500 calories more per day, this guideline is for an exclusive breastfeeder. and the 500 cals are only on top of your bmr. So find the number of calories you need to eat daily for whatever your weight loss goal is. then 500 on top of that.

excercise! And dont simply stay under calories, but make those calories meet your macros in carbs/fat/protein. they need to be good calories.

Keep at it and you WILL lose your baby weight.

good luck!
  • LoveGlamorously
    Options
    I know. I hate it! But i figure if I do this right I'll not only look good but I'll feel so much better knowing that I bust my *kitten* for this.