Insanity - Success?? - Negative comments

Options
Hi All, this is my first time on here.

I am currently in the process of completing Insanity. I am just starting week 8 today and I won't lie to you, it's been a challenge.

(brief personal overview)

The first fitness test more or less killed me, to the point of going pale, cold sweats and shaking like a Sh***ing dog for 20 minutes after. I worried then that it might not be for me but once I got through the first week I was buzzing. I felt better, healthier and the food wasn't as bad as I thought. The only problem was ensuring I ate the correct amount of Calories per day as my job doesn't really allow me 3 breaks in a day but I managed to overcome this pretty quickly thanks to protein shakes.

Fast forward to recovery week and I was more than happy with the progress I had made, and more satisfied that I would be able to achieve the goal of completing Insanity.

Then the second month began, WOW how much Sean T lulled me into a false sense of security. Just as I was accepting (and mastering) the first month, he continues to push me harder and man was it hard! That first week on month 2 is a killer, but I stuck through it and now only 2 weeks to go.

It was the end of last week where I hit my low point, but this was nothing to do with the Nutrition plan, the pain-staking exercises, or even working insanity around my everyday life - in reality all this was a relative breeze. My low point was caused by a people at work who think it okay to constantly have a dig and not let it rest that, in THEIR opinion, I have lost far too much weight, even to the point of being called 'ill' and 'Gaunt'.

At first I laughed these comments off, thinking it was just banter, but then a couple more people said it and it started niggling at me. Don't get me wrong, I have also had positive comments, and they're still great to get, but the negative ones still really leave a bitter taste. I am a naturally small framed person, and when I started Insanity I weighed just over 12.5 stone (174lbs), now with 2 weeks to go I have achieved my goal weight of 11.5 stone (160lbs), and am managing to maintain that. I am also more toned in the abs, thighs and my arms are even starting to look better. Not only that, but I am starting to feel better in myself, much more healthier, and no longer feeling sluggish/tired all the time!

I am personally happy with how I now look and my wife is more than happy (in fact she likes my body more now than ever, she's also on week 8 and had lost about a stone and is too looking fantastic!). Granted the majority of my clothes are now rather baggy as I intend buying a new wardrobe once the Insanity period ends (so all clothes fit perfect and won't become too big/small 3 weeks after buying them), but I am trying to put the comments down to purely jealousy and annoyance as most of the negative people are in need of losing a bit of weight themselves and have said they have tried everything but can't be bothered pushing themselves.... more fool them! (I would retaliate but i am too nice/professional to do that!)

Once my new body becomes 'the norm', they will accept it and move on to the next bit of mindless gossip I'm sure... but I just wondered whether anyone else has experienced this and how they tackle it?

Sorry for my long post, first time on here so wanted to get as much in. Cheers!

Replies

• annemiggy
    annemiggy Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Donny. Forget about the people who keeps on saying negative things about you and your goal to be healthy. The thing is they must be so envious on what you have achieved. You are doing this for yourself, and for your family.. and at the end of the day, it is YOU who will benefit from this and not them. So keep on going! I admire you for being able to keep up with the Insanity Program. I hope to get on with it too as soon as I have build up my stamina :)
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    Wow can you post before and after pictures
  • DonnyDog82
    Options
    Cheers for that. I will post before/after pics as soon as I have finished the programme.

Annemiggy, I know it's rather cliche'd, but seriously if I can do it then anyone can. I did little or no exercise before this, I might have played 5 a-side footy once a week but that was often followed by a few pints of John Smiths afterwards so really can't class it as exercise lol. Also, me and my wife joined a gym 3 years ago and although I went often, I managed to drop weight but couldn't bring myself to go upstairs to the weights with all the buff geezer. whereas Insanity works everything at once so it tones as well as loses the weight. Also, my wife (after 3 sessions at the gym) pulled her back muscle and couldn't go then for the rest of the year, whereas I feared the insanity would be too much on her back, but she hasn't suffered and it has actually strengthened her back muscles where she is not suffering in the slightest anymore.

My point is, my wife literally did NO exercise ever, doesn't like walking and although a nurse and on her feet 7 hours a day, anything strenuous was very much avoided by her, even to the point of driving to the shops. As stated in my OP, she is also on the 8th week now and has more than impressed me with her willpower and determination to get to her goal weight, and she is pretty much there, I'm really prod of her!

... So if we can both achieve it doing no exercise prior to it then I'm sure a large majority of people will be able to do it.

The beauty with Insanity is that it is worked purely on your own body weight, no weights, apparatus or machines. Also, you do as much as you can do, if you need a 5 second break, or a quick drink of water in the middle of an exercise, it encourages you to take it and then get straight back into it. As you are constantly pushing yourself the more you do it, you get better with every day.

I would recommend Insanity to everyone. It's daunting (VERY!) but well worth it now, even with 2 weeks to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!