Ways to make you "poop" regularly?

Options

Replies

• beachbumant_man
    beachbumant_man Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    "

Try natural remedies - water, fibre, probiotics, chloyrophill, apples with skin, coffee and stay away from starch, also for me beans, and legumes and nuts cause 'blockage'! I suggest also as much greens or vege juices as possible.
    [/quote]

legumes and beans > are important they contain fibre, if they are causing u a blockage then your either not drinking enough water, or either having too much of it.. when u say fibre, thats not really answering the question, its soluble fibre.. chloyrophill is from vegetables.. any fruit/veg with skin on is good!!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Gentle non-stimulant laxatives help when fiber and good hydration fail.
    Or, sometimes a cup of coffee does the trick for me.
  • beachbumant_man
    beachbumant_man Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    if u need laxatives to go to the toilet your eating habits are good... your not having enough fibre in the diet!
  • dodgersprincess
    Options
    All that advise is good, but also try Prunes, black Liqurish, and Olive Oil. Maybe less cheese.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options

Pretty much this. if push comes to shove try some apple juice. you want plenty of high fiber foods.

I am such a twelve-year-old boy sometimes :bigsmile:
  • mrsrobinsonlauraj
    mrsrobinsonlauraj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Miralax.
    Water
    Exercise
    fruits and veggies
    Coffee will help you poop, too. Don't know why, but it makes you regular.

I read recently that its the caffeine in coffee that makes you regular.
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Most importantly keep your sodium levels lower then your potassium levels daily.:happy:

make sure you get enough fresh veggies every day, and two fruits.
    fresh plums (or prunes), best thing ever if you have a real issue :sick:
    drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily.
  • JEWEL776
    JEWEL776 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I would definitely need to go after seeing that!! LOL
  • impossibianca
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I really needed these tips. THANK YOU!
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    For the people recommending prunes:

How many should be eaten? I've been looking at them and the sugar amount adds up quickly. 5 prunes = 90g of sugar! Also the calories can add up too...

Just curious because I'm having similar issues and I've heard all about the magic of prunes. I figured eating real prunes is better for macros than prune juice.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    For the people recommending prunes:

How many should be eaten? I've been looking at them and the sugar amount adds up quickly. 5 prunes = 90g of sugar! Also the calories can add up too...

Just curious because I'm having similar issues and I've heard all about the magic of prunes. I figured eating real prunes is better for macros than prune juice.

Like I said earlier, I eat 5 to 7 a day when I need to. Then again, I don't worry too much about sugar. I try to limit my refined sugars (except my coffee, which I'm working on cutting back), but otherwise I don't really care. I know there are those who disagree with that approach, and they have good reasons for it. But I do agree with you that the actual fruit is better than the juice, and in my opinion, I'd rather be over on sugar for a few days than not poop. And for me, prunes are the only sure-fire natural remedy for it.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    1. Make sure you are getting enough fat in your diet.

For me this one is key. When I'm not counting calories I have no issues. When I am counting calories, too little fat always equals issues. I've found adding flax or fish oil, in addition to other benefits, also helps with regularity.
  • jessicaj_824
    jessicaj_824 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Ballerina tea! *snicker, snicker*
    *Looking around to see if any of my MFPals are reading this, 'cause they'll totally get it.*

http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/the-dos-and-donts-of-drinking-ballerina-tea/

Sorry. I occasionally have the maturity level and humor of a 14 year-old boy.

^^This

Ok not really - seriously running helps and for some reason painting does too (IDK)
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    *Looking around to see if any of my MFPals are reading this, 'cause they'll totally get it.*

^^This

Ok not really - seriously running helps and for some reason painting does too (IDK)

Really? Interesting! I have a friend who always has to poop when she goes into a craft store.
    Awesome.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    1 tblspn of flax seeds every day - they can be added to yogurt, oatmeal, etc.

MAKE SURE you grind them.....whole flax seeds have little nutrition.
  • amyusg
    amyusg Posts: 1
    Options
    If you want to poop regularly you have to check out Shakeology! lol:) It doesnt give you the runs but you will be regular!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Worst advice i can give, but works like a charm for me....a glass of wine.
    Don't know why but it really helps me.
    ???
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

OMG, that's about the funniest thing I've read in a LONG time.....and it makes me want to try this stuff :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

thanks for sharing some good laughs!
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Probiotics and/or yogurt. These have done WONDERS for me!