Looking for DVD suggestions

Options
mspris2u
mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
I'm looking for DVD suggestions that offer a good burn for when I don't go to bootcamp and/or get rained out of my walk like today :-( and for winter when I won't want to go outside at 5am.
I would prefer ones where I don't have to buy any gear to have to do it. Thanks!

Replies

• Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    Peak 10 (there are 4 of them. two are cardio, two are mixed)

Breathless Body (two of these, as well)

Super Fit Body (I think that's what it's called. My internet just crashed so I can't double check. It's another Amy Dixon workout [so is breathless body])
  • steflbrown
    steflbrown Posts: 168
    Options
    I just started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Just need 3-5lb weights or like I read other people doing, use soup cans or fill plastic water bottles with dirt. It's a great workout!
  • rosewagner88
    Options
    I'm doing the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred also! It's intense, but a great workout!
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Another vote for 30 Day Shred. Kicks my *kitten* and I have really noticed a difference in my body especially upper arms and belly.
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Zumba! I love it no equipment needed! 30 day shred is great as well.......
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Insanity would be good for the winter - currently on my 4th week & it seriously kicks *kitten* :0)
  • cookiefluff
    cookiefluff Posts: 115
    Options
    I really sweat doing zumba fitness! so I recommend that... also 10 minute solutions is really cheap to buy and the pilates one is really fun, but they have loads of different ones!
  • KrystleAJ
    KrystleAJ Posts: 1
    Options
    Denise Austin's Total Body Boot Camp

2 - 20 minute segments (1 Cardio, 1 Strength)
    1 - 10 minute segment (Flexibility)

Need: Yoga Mat or Towel & 5-10 lb dumbells

LOVE IT!
  • sdwagers
    sdwagers Posts: 5
    Options
    DDPYoga. PHENOMENAL. Great Cardio and Strength Builder - no gimmicks - it works. check out this transformation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIXOo8D9Qsc
  • livinfitanfun
    Options
    You can also try leslie sansone, she does at home walking dvds. I really like them a lot for when it is raining and I can't get me and the kids out of the house. No equipment needed! If you can go on amazon and search fitness dvds a lot of dvds some 15 dollars and under comes with workout bands. I love Insanity and brazilian butt lift!! More on the pricey side of town but great in door workouts. Like everyone else said I have almost all Jillian M. dvds and she is excellent as well. Zumba s also great and don't forget Taebo if you want a oldie but goodie bootcamp style workout! hope I helped.
  • 28PatoB
    28PatoB Posts: 1
    Options
    I highly recommend Billy Blanks' abs bootcamp!!! Sean T is amazing as well (Hip hop abs; hips, buns and thighs, etc)
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any of her dvds will have you sweating like crazy! :drinker:
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Billy Banks TaeBo amped is fun runs about 45 minutes from start to finesh. I saw it at Marshells for three dollars and thought what the hack I'll give it a try. Really glad I bought it even my husban will do the work out. I have to say that my hubby perfers Jillian 30 day shred, because it is about 28 minutes long, much more intense than Amped.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any of her dvds will have you sweating like crazy! :drinker:

Leslie is so sweet I never get tierd of working out with her!
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My favorite Jillian Michael's DVD is No More Trouble Zones. You do need hand weights. Its 40 minutes which i like because it's more calories burned than 30 day shred. It's only one workout on the DVD but it hits all your muscle groups and it's less cardio than 30DS (though still exhausting)... but I don't really like intense cardio. I prefer to do movements with weights that still get the blood pumping but jumping up and down just annoys me and kills me.
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    INSANITY all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    I am a huge Jillian Michaels fan so I would suggest any of her dvd's. My favorite is Extreme Shed & Shred. It's an insanely good workout. You can use weights, but you don't have to. There are only a few times that you would use them. Also, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is pretty good too and you don't use anything except your own body. I also like her 6 Week 6 Pack...you don't use anything in that one either. Billy Blanks Tae Bo dvd's are really good too.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Jillian's Kickbox Quick Fix is a good one. Three 20 minute workouts all targeting a different part of the body. There is one section that uses hand weights...if you don't have any soup cans are a good option.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire both are great burns. It depends on what workouts you like to do. Insanity is also a great workout. If you like to see videos on any of these, message me and I can send you a link.

Julianne